Banking Solutions Architect
Professional Services | London, United Kingdom | Full Time and Part Time
The Banking Solutions Architect is part of the Professional Services (PS) team. PS is a team of highly motivated specialists with the specific skills and experience required to make sure that the implementation of our product at our customer’s location goes ahead as smoothly as possible. The PS team also provides product training and implementation support services to all of our customers and partners. Every project has its own set of unique challenges that must be overcome, and PS team members must be able to think and react quickly to find a solution that works for everyone.
Our PS consultants work closely with partners and customers all over the world. They have the professional and personal skills required to develop, teach, support, and lead teams towards successfully delivering our enterprise solution and achieving their goals.
As part of the PS team you will report to the Director Operations PS.
Working as part of the Backbase expert services team you are responsible for architecture and solution designs for client implementations in the banking domain. The role is to oversee client projects to ensure world-class solutions are delivered for our customers.
You have a solid background in Internet banking solutions. You are customer facing and have consultancy DNA. You communicate clearly and confidently across all levels of an organization.The role involves collaboration with a broad range of specialists across the business, application development, enterprise architecture, and infrastructure teams – both with the client and internally.
- The ability to design and architect banking, payments and mobile solutions;
- Experience in a product development and/or consultancy role;
- Keeps up to date with current and future technology trends
- Customer focused and pragmatic solution finder;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills;
- The ability to guide development teams;
- Willing to travel up to 20-30%.
Technically we are looking for:
- Extensive experience delivering complex solutions to banking and/or financial institutions
- Demonstrable understanding of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Demonstrable experience of driving solution design through to implementation
- Knowledge of architectural frameworks and best practices
- Proven leadership track record in designing and implementing complex, mission-critical and high traffic web architectures;
- Fluent and efficient in creating Technical Architecture Documentation; presentations and sales pitches
- Stakeholder management
- Basic understanding of BIAN or similar
- Proven solution engineering and real-world delivery experience
- Clear & confident technical communication skills in English
- Deep experience in designing Internet based software architectures that addresses all aspects such as security, single sign on, deployment, performance, caching, sizing, scalability, and service availability;
- Hands on experience with Java, Spring, Maven, Jenkins, Docker, Vagrant, Ansible
- Experience with Portal and Web Content Management;
- TOGAF certification and/or experience
- Experienced with using Agile development methodologies
- Contributor or active member of BIAN or similar
- Familiar with architectural patterns such as Microservices, CQRS, event store
- Delivering mobile solutions
- Understanding of Enterprise Integration Patterns.
If this job appeals to you and you think you’re up for the challenge, please use the apply button on this page.
For more information, please contact Petra Wijnholds by email: petra(at)backbase.com
Backbase provides excellent company benefits for this role including:
- Market rate salary (depending on experience);
- 25 holidays (based upon a 40hr work week);
- Contributory pension scheme;
- Free lunch, drinks, snacks and fruit;
- Company fitness plan;
- Potential International career opportunities.
Backbase offers you a challenging job in an informal and ambitious environment where personal development is highly valued. This is all within a successful, young and growing organization with a matching company spirit.
Backbase employees come from all over the world to do what we do best, which is work with other passionately devoted professionals to create inspiring products. We are the best at what we do because we’re dedicated to pushing innovation in the digital banking world. Every person at Backbase believes in promoting a collaborative, fun and inspiring work environment, and we’re committed to creating a beautifully designed product that inspires not only our clients, but us too. Each day, we strive to learn something new from our customers and colleagues that contributes to the holistic nature of our growing success as a technical innovator in the world of digital banking.