Backend Technical Trainer
Academy | Amsterdam, Netherlands | Full Time
We are looking for a talented Java Developer who’s ready for the challenge of strengthening our Best Practices Department. You will have an opportunity to travel, and will share your knowledge of our product line with a broad range of people.
You will be based in Amsterdam.
As Technical Trainer, you will train our new employees, sharing best practices around our line of products, and you will be expected to do this for our partners and customers too. You will create and maintain relevant training materials and be the voice of our technical blog. You will represent Backbase at tech conferences around the world, networking with our expanding customer base.
You should have (or be able to demonstrate):
- Experience in delivering technical content to audiences at various levels via classroom and/or recorded formats.
- Excellent English communication skills, written and verbal.
- A proven track record of delivering high-quality and highly efficient Java code.
- Knowledge of common design patterns and N-Tier architectures.
- An eagerness to share and learn from others.
- Experience with Maven.
- Experience with Spring, Apache Camel and other Java frameworks/open source libraries.
- Experience with SOA and Web Services (REST/SOAP).
- Experience with web/enterprise content management systems.
- Experience with using Agile development methodologies.
- Creativity in inventing and implementing new ideas that will make for a better customer learning experience.
A Degree in Computer Science, or 5-7 years in a similar role.
If this job appeals to you and you think you’re up for the challenge, please use the apply button on this page.
For more information, please contact Ralitsa Antimova by email: ralitsa(at)backbase.com
Backbase provides excellent company benefits for this role, including:
- Market rate salary (depending on experience).
- 25 vacation days (based on a 40hr working week).
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Free lunch, drinks, snacks and fruit.
- Company fitness plan.
- Potential international career opportunities.
Backbase employees come from all over the world to do what we do best, which is work with other passionately devoted professionals to create inspiring products. We are the best at what we do because we’re dedicated to pushing innovation in the digital banking world. Every person at Backbase believes in promoting a collaborative, fun and inspiring work environment, and we’re committed to creating a beautifully designed product that inspires not only our clients, but us too. Each day, we strive to learn something new from our customers and colleagues that contributes to the holistic nature of our growing success as a technical innovator in the world of digital banking.