Professional Services | Amsterdam, Netherlands | Full Time
Backbase is hiring | Backend Consultant
We are Backbase
Financials want the most compelling digital experience for their customers, but in today’s Web 2.0 World, legacy banking systems struggle to keep pace. Backbase helps financials to create a new user experience layer on top of their existing systems that combines content, data and functionality from different underlying systems into fresh customer dialogs. Backbase’s white-label Bank 2.0 Portal software enables financials to deliver next-generation online banking services across multiple devices (including tablets and smart phones), and turns their online channel into a true customer experience platform. Backbase helps financial organizations to re-use their existing systems, and enter the era of 'Engagement Banking' where they manage and optimize their online customer experiences and grow revenue and loyalty.
The Backend Consultant is part of our Expert Services consultancy team in Amsterdam.
As a backend developer you will be responsible for integrating our flagship portal products into the enterprise ICT environments of our clients. During our pilot and implementation projects you will be part of a highly skilled multidisciplinary team. You work closely with our clients, architects and frontend developers to define the integration with the client’s back end systems, determine implementation details, and realize those implementations. You will also be responsible for integrating security layers, exposing relevant business data, configuring the Backbase portal, and when necessary develop custom extensions.
- Academic Degree such as BS, HBO or higher is preferred;
- Minimum 2-4 years Java development experience within Enterprise projects;
- Experience with SOA and Web Services;
- Extensive experience with Spring Framework, and preferably with Spring Security and CAS;
- Experience with implementation of and integration with Enterprise Content Management Systems such as Alfresco, SDL Tridion, Adobe Day, OpenText, Interwoven, etc is preferred;
- Experience providing sizing and scalability recommendations and solving connectivity and deployment issues;
- Experience deploying to enterprise application servers such as JBoss or Websphere is preferred;
- Excellent communication skills in English and, preferably, also in Dutch;
- Ability to present to an audience;
- Customer-focused, with at least 1 year experience in a customer facing role.
Backbase provides excellent company benefits for this role including:
- Market rate salary (depending on experience);
- 25 holidays (based upon a 40hr work week)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free lunch
- Potential International career opportunities (USA)
Backbase offers you a challenging job in an informal and ambitious environment where personal development is highly valued. This is all within a successful, young and growing organization with a matching company spirit.
If this job appeals to you and you think you are up for the challenge, please use the apply button on this page.
For more information please contact Wil Wernars at 020 468 6838 or by email: wil(at)backbase.com