Professional Services | Amsterdam, Netherlands | Full Time
Backbase is hiring | Backend Consultant
We are Backbase
Companies want the most compelling digital experience for their customers, but older systems can't keep up with today's rapid changes and Web 2.0 World. Applications and IT systems can be fragmented and complex, which makes them difficult to change and makes it hard to create a true outside-in, customer-focused experience. Backbase overcomes these challenges. With our flagship product, the Bank 2.0 Portal, we link people to the vital information and resources they need. We create a seamless online experience without the need to change underlying infrastructure and IT systems. An efficient design enables companies to create high-quality portals that empower both end-customers as well as e-business professionals who need to manage their online customer interactions with less IT support. This means faster time to market for new business requirements and more flexibility to optimize online channels.
Backbase was founded in 2003 by Jouk Pleiter and Gerbert Kaandorp and is privately funded. Working for Backbase you have the opportunity to live in two of the most culturally vibrant cities in the world: Amsterdam (headquarters) or New York City (North American office).
The Backend Consultant is part of our Professional Services consultant team in Amsterdam.
As a Backend Consultant you will be working with our flagship portal product, using the latest technologies. You will join a highly-skilled team of both front-end, and Java developers. This will provide you with plenty of opportunity to demonstrate and improve your skills. Because of the increasing number, and size of projects that Backbase is undertaking, the need for experienced Backend Consultants, who know how to deliver crisp interfaces and Rich Internet Applications (RIAs), is high.
- Preferably Academic Degree;
- Minimum 2-4 years Java experience within Enterprise projects;
- Extensive experience with Spring and preferably with modern Java architecture;
- Experience with building a CMS and its integration;
- At least 3-5 years of experience in Java Developing;
- 3 years of experience with different frameworks such as Hybernate or Spring;
- Experience with sizing, scalability, connectivity and deployment;
- Experience with SOA Web Services;
- Integration expertise;
- Excellent communication skills in English and, preferably, also in Dutch;
- Ability to present to audience;
Backbase provides excellent company benefits for this role including:
- Market rate salary (depending on experience);
- 25 holidays (based upon a 40hr work week)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free lunch
- Potential International career opportunities (USA)
Backbase offers you a challenging job in an informal and ambitious environment where personal development is highly valued. This is all within a successful, young and growing organization with a matching company spirit.
If this job appeals to you and you think you are up for the challenge, please use the apply button on this page.
For more information please contact Wil Wernars at 020 468 6838 or by email: wil(at)backbase.com