Automation Test Engineer
Products | New York, NY | Full Time
Backbase is hiring | Automation Test Engineer
We are Backbase
Companies want the most compelling digital experience for their customers, but older systems can't keep up with today's rapid changes and Web 2.0 World. Applications and IT systems can be fragmented and complex, which makes them difficult to change and makes it hard to create a true outside-in, customer-focused experience. Backbase overcomes these challenges. With our flagship product, the Bank 2.0 Portal, we link people to the vital information and resources they need. We create a seamless online experience without the need to change underlying infrastructure and IT systems. An efficient design enables companies to create high-quality portals that empower both end-customers as well as e-business professionals who need to manage their online customer interactions with less IT support. This means faster time to market for new business requirements and more flexibility to optimize online channels.
Backbase was founded in 2003 by Jouk Pleiter and Gerbert Kaandorp and is privately funded. Working for Backbase you have the opportunity to live in two of the most culturally vibrant cities in the world: Amsterdam (headquarters) or New York City (North American office).
The Automation Test Engineer is part of Backbase’s R&D Team in New York. R&D is responsible for the product development for the Backbase Suite. The product suite consists of the following: the Portal, the Portal Manager, Forms and the CMS. R&D uses Scrum for its development process along with elements from XP and TDD. The Scrum teams are highly self-sufficient, which gives developers the freedom, as well as responsibility, to deliver functionality as a team. Backbase has strong ambitions to become a major player in its field. We provide a challenging, professional, and informal working environment.
As Automation Test Engineer you will work together with the R&D team on different components of our Backbase Suite to build, expand, and enhance our products.
Automation Test Engineer Job Responsibilities
- Responsible for the planning, analysis and execution of all testing activities in various stages of development cycles across the group
- In this role the Automation Test Engineer will leverage their testing expertise to ensure that proper test methodologies are followed.
- Working with a team of Test Engineers, The Automation Test Engineer will ensure test cases planning, automation, execution, bug triage, and risk management is performed on individual projects and entire system.
Automation Test Engineer skills required to be considered:
- The candidate needs to have a thorough understanding of testing methodologies and tools, plus a proven track record of driving product quality.
- They must be highly motivated, self-driven, creative, independent, and capable of working regularly with development and product management team members with minimal supervision.
- The candidate must have a strong working knowledge in Java
- Strong Software testing experience using automation tools appropriate for testing web apps and web services.
- Develop and execute web-specific test automation suites using one of the following: Selenium, QTP, Rational Functional Tester, Abbot, watir, test-complete or other tools and Frameworks.
- Strong understanding of web fundamentals and web-related technologies (HTTP, XML, HTML) systems.
- Has knowledge of AJAX applications and Jscript.
- Knowledge of Jira
Software Test Engineer Minimum Education Required:
- BS degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution.
Applicant must be eligible to work in the US for immediate opening.
Backbase offers a comprehensive Benefits Package through our Human Resources partner TriNet. Employee benefits includes a substantial number of Health Care policy options; Dental and Vision Insurance; Short & Long Term Disability Insurance; Life Insurance; 4% Matching 401k plan; Vacation, Holiday, and Sick Paid time off. Backbase coverage is substantial while in addition Backbase, through TriNet, is able to provide the employees with a wide variety of offerings for the employee to custom design benefits that work best for themselves and their families.Backbase offers you a challenging job in an informal and ambitious environment where personal development is highly valued. This is all within a successful, young and growing organization with a matching company spirit
If this job appeals to you and you think you are up for the challenge, please use the apply button on this page.
For more information please contact Wouter Koeleman at Backbase Recruitment at +31 (0)20 465 8888 or by email: wouter(at)backbase.com