Android Software Engineer
Products | Amsterdam, Netherlands | Full Time
Backbase is hiring | Android Software Engineer
We invite you to become a part of our vision: build omni-channel customer experiences for any device, and surprise the financial market with amazing apps built on our platform. As an Android Software Engineer at Backbase you are a part of one of the pillars of our R&D department: the mobile team. This team is responsible for delivering solutions for mobile devices, including tablets, smartphones and wearables. The mobile team is a multi-disciplinary team of experienced and highly skilled software and test engineers. Team members are from all over the world but have a few things in common: the love for portable technology, the willingness to use the latest and greatest in software development and the drive to make their job the best in the world.
Improving, developing and maintaining our native SDK will be one of your key responsibilities. This SDK enables organizations to build omni-channel applications based on our platform, including CMS-like manageability and the consumption of out-of-the-box functionality while still keeping the application flexible and easy to maintain. What this really means? Developing with a vision and every-day communication with your direct colleagues and other teams. Since mobile is a discipline that has its roots planted in the entire organization, next to your role within R&D, you can also expect Android-related assignments in other departments. For example, you might support pre-sales with developing proof of concepts or support our consultants within the Expert Services department with project implementations. Assignments might involve travel and are very diverse: they can be technical tasks such as one-time password implementations, or more user experience-related tasks such as giving platform-specific advice.
The ideal candidate for this challenging position as an Android Software Engineer within Backbase will fit the following profile:
- 3 or more years in-depth experience with native Android software development, mastering technologies and concepts like Java, the Android SDK, Android Studio and ProGuard;
- Experience with networking including security (e.g. stateful & stateless requests, SSL pinning), caching and parsing of data (e.g. JSON and/or XML);
- Experienced with Scrum and Agile practices, automated testing and continuous integration builds;
- Experienced with performance tuning, reusability and maintainability of mobile applications and applying architecture design patterns;
- Excellent communication skills in English.
Your personality can be classified as:
- Team player who is passionate about software development and actively shares knowledge;
- An out-of-the-box mentality not only solving today’s issues, but also thinking about tomorrow’s challenges;
- Flexible, balanced and always striving for improvements;
- Last but not least: a fun colleague to work with!
Backbase provides excellent company benefits for this role including:
- Market rate salary (depending on experience);
- 25 holidays (based upon a 40hr work week);
- Contributory pension scheme;
- Free lunch, drinks, snacks and fruit;
- Company fitness plan;
- Potential International career opportunities.
Backbase offers you a challenging job in an informal and ambitious environment where personal development is highly valued. This is all within a successful, young and growing organization with a matching company spirit.
If this job appeals to you and you think you are up for the challenge, please use the apply button on this page.
For more information please contact Justyna Adamczyk at +31 (0)20 465 8888 or by email: justyna(at)backbase.com