Alliance Manager - System Integrators
Sales | Amsterdam, Netherlands | Full Time
Backbase provides a compelling opportunity for talented sales and business development professionals to help further expand the Partner and Alliances business. Mid career professionals can grow their career into senior / director level roles in Alliance Management and Partner Business Development. Backbase has an innovative, team oriented and ‘can do’ culture. We offer flexible, informal and an exciting working environment with plenty of opportunities to grow as a professional and as an individual.
As Alliance Manager – System Integrators in the Backbase Sales team in Amsterdam, you will have significant impact on the Backbase growth and success. You will report to the Director of Alliances & Partner Business. The Alliance Manager will be responsible for creating new and activating existing partner and alliance engagements. The goal is to identify new business opportunities and pursue these through the Backbase direct sales teams, whilst actively engaging with partner sales teams.
- Manage day-to- day business relationship between Backbase and (strategic) partners. Communicate consistently with partners throughout the contract lifecycle, escalating important issues where needed to support business development aligned with Alliances and Sales Management.
- Work closely with Alliance Management and Sales Management to ensure partner coverage in each target region: Create new partner relationships in target countries. Activate existing partnerships in other regions.
- Cultivate future projects and identify new opportunities in partner client base.
- Support strategy and pipeline management with Regional Business Development
- Managers and confirm partner capabilities prior to deals signed.
- Facilitate partner and Backbase sales team alignment, target account nomination and opportunity planning to drive joint License (Backbase) & Service (Partner) wins. Achieve License & Service targets as agreed with respective partners.
- Help partners build (pre-)sales capacity and capability on Backbase Digital Banking Platform.
- Drive training and certification in partner ecosystem.
- Identify delivery and competence needs and align with Backbase Professional Services.
- Track status of sales cycles and implementation projects of partners’ (prospective) customers.
- Bachelor or University degree and looking forward to pursue a career with an international company.
- 5 – 7 years of relevant experience (mid-career).
- Background in web/marketing agency and/or Enterprise software.
- Smart: ability to understand partner business drivers and ability to establish buy-in at all levels (sales (management), delivery leads and senior / executive management).
- Demonstrated success in managing executive relationships with partners and/or customers.
- Ability to influence sales, pre-sales and delivery teams based on partner insights.
- Digital minded and tech savvy.
- Understanding of partner ecosystems.
- Understanding of the value of digital and omni-channel
- Exceptional organizational, presentation, and communication skills – both verbal and written (English)
- Ability to set clear targets and development plans. Set objectives to achieve those targets.
If this job appeals to you and you think you are up for the challenge, please use the apply button on this page.
For more information please contact Sebastiaan van den Ouweelen by email: sebastiaan(at)backbase.com
Backbase provides excellent company benefits for this role including:
- Market rate salary (depending on experience);
- 25 holidays (based upon a 40hr work week);
- Contributory pension scheme;
- Free lunch, drinks, snacks and fruit;
- Company fitness plan;
- Potential International career opportunities.
Backbase offers you a challenging job in an informal and ambitious environment where personal development is highly valued. This is all within a successful, young and growing organization with a matching company spirit.
Backbase employees come from all over the world to do what we do best, which is work with other passionately devoted professionals to create inspiring products. We are the best at what we do because we’re dedicated to pushing innovation in the digital banking world. Every person at Backbase believes in promoting a collaborative, fun and inspiring work environment, and we’re committed to creating a beautifully designed product that inspires not only our clients, but us too. Each day, we strive to learn something new from our customers and colleagues that contributes to the holistic nature of our growing success as a technical innovator in the world of digital banking.