Bilingual Social Worker
Social Services | Fairfax, VA | Full Time
Ayuda is a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to providing direct legal, social and language access services, education, and outreach to low-income immigrants in the Washington, DC metropolitan area. Since 1973, Ayuda has provided critical services on a wide range of issues, in the process acquiring nationally recognized expertise in several fields including immigration law, language access, domestic violence and human trafficking. Ayuda has office locations in Washington, DC, Silver Spring, MD and Falls Church, VA.
WHY YOU WANT THIS JOB?
Because, just like everyone at Ayuda, you believe:
- In seeing communities where all immigrants succeed and thrive in the United States.
- In the overall success of our organization and all our programs.
- That families should be healthy and safe from harm.
- That all people should have access to professional, honest, and ethical services, regardless of ability to pay or status in this country.
- That diversity and equality make this country better.
WHAT WILL THIS JOB ENTAIL?
- Provide a variety of treatment services, including comprehensive case management and crisis intervention, individual and group therapy; services provided in various offices;
- Conduct client intakes and safety planning, assess client needs, and develop individualized service and treatment plans;
- Assist clients in applying and enrolling in federal, state, and local programs aligned with client needs (public benefits, housing program, educational classes, TVAP (Trafficking Victim Assistance Program), and other relevant services); including culturally and linguistically appropriate referrals;
- Accompany clients to appointments as needed and collaborate with other agencies to provide client with requested services and advocate for client as needed;
- Assist in providing COVID-19 financial assistance to clients;
- Provide clinical recommendations and advocacy in the best interests of the client;
- Participate in regularly scheduled clinical supervision with other Ayuda clinician(s);
- Document services provided and collect and maintain required information for specific funding reporting;
- Collaborate with Ayuda’s legal department to provide holistic services to clients;
- Conduct internal and external training as needed;
- Ensure Ayuda representation at local coalition meetings and participate in advocacy initiatives
- Completes duties as assigned by Director of Social Services to meet the demands facing immigrant communities;
- Other duties as assigned
HOW DO YOU KNOW IF YOU CAN DO THIS JOB?
- Hold a Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW or LGSW) level or higher
- One or more years of experience working with immigrant survivors of trauma strongly preferred
- Fluent in English and Spanish;
- Knowledge of social services within Fairfax County, specifically those for immigrants strongly preferred;
- Desire to work with interdisciplinary team in representing the best interest of client;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Outstanding interpersonal skills;
- Ability to be flexible, excellent time-management and organizational skills;
- Adaptable to shifting priorities and working in different offices;
- Demonstrated capacity to work independently and collaboratively;
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
The salary is commensurate with experience and comes with a robust benefits package that includes medical and dental insurance, long-term disability insurance, life and AD&D insurance as well as an employer-provided retirement match. All federal holidays are observed, and Ayuda offers paid leave for the week of Christmas through New Year’s Day. [This position is exempt for overtime purposes]
Please apply with resume and cover letter. Writing samples may be requested.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Apply early for full consideration. We welcome questions and inquiries about the position.
Ayuda is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We value a diverse workforce and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of underrepresented communities.