User Interface (UI/UX) Designer for Fast-Moving Team
Product | Vancouver, BC, Canada
Call of Duty:
Axiom Zen is looking for talented and meticulous User Interface designers with a passion for exceptional user experience to join our world-class team in Vancouver, Canada. Years of experience don't matter as much as commitment to quality and passion for building impactful products, brands, and interactive experiences.
Ideal candidates will be comfortable working with an experienced and fast-paced team, taking on significant responsibilities, and pushing the boundaries of what's possible on the web, mobile, and other emerging platforms. You will be a talented artists with a fresh perspective, deep visual arts expertise, and a healthy appreciation for using data to drive decision-making.
Ideal candidates will have a demonstrated portfolio of clean, efficient, and user-centered design. You appreciate and learn from design trends and best practices, including flat design and anti-skeumorphism, but are not be afraid to bend or break the rules to deliver groundbreaking work. You love everything web-related and are comfortable designing and polishing large applications with exceptional sparkle and shine, down to every last button, pixel, and animation.
Our team has worked with industry titans and fast-growing startups alike - Google, Baidu, Etsy, EA, Threadsy, App Annie, among others. We have team members from Silicon Valley, France, Brazil, China, the Netherlands, and both coasts of the US and Canada. We work with cutting-edge technologies and plan to develop on emerging platforms, including Google Glass.
- Experience delivering results with high quality UI/UX designs in fast-paced mission-critical environments
- Demonstrated interest in thinking outside the box
- Amazing human and collaborative team member
- Strong overall experience as a web or mobile designer
- Strong portfolio featuring examples of interaction design work
- Deep expertise with design tools including Photoshop & Illustrator
- Wide range of styles and ideas, ability to multi-task & juggle priorities
- Passionate about user experience, art, layout and design
- Willing to learn how to code
- Expertise designing and/or developing for mobile
- Solid understanding of web design and development best practices, responsive web design, agile development, etc.
- Previous experience with tier-1 Silicon Valley start-up
Axiom Zen is an idea catalyst. A selective collective of entrepreneurs, hackers, hustlers, and designers. We create and consult for iconic companies creating the future through technology.
Axiom Zen has a flat hierarchy and a very collaborative culture. We practice agile development, take pride in a collaborative culture, and swing for home runs. We focus on shipping products that are commercially exciting or socially essential, and practice an end-to-end approach, carrying each concept from ideation to production to market launch and beyond. We want our team to be challenged, rewarded, and empowered. To work on products that millions of people will love to use, products that make the world safer and more efficient.
We provide full health, life and AD&D insurance as well as premium vision, dental, and extended health care benefits. We are very keen on supporting growth, and will provide financial support for courses, seminars, certification, and degree programs for long-term team members. The team receives quarterly credits to exciting products & experiences as well as additional bonuses as the company achieves milestones. We believe time outside of the office helps us think outside the box, and using great products helps us build them better.