Front-End Engineer / Web Developer
Engineering | Vancouver, BC, Canada
Axiom Zen is an idea catalyst and software development consultancy. A collective of entrepreneurs, hackers, hustlers, and designers. We create, advise, and develop technology for iconic companies building the future of digital life. We practice agile development, take pride in a collaborative culture, and swing for home runs. We focus on shipping products that are commercially exciting or socially essential, and practice an end-to-end approach, carrying each concept from ideation to production to market launch and beyond.
Real Artists Ship. We live by that motto, and love to hire folks with a demonstrated record of curiosity and resourcefulness - often manifested through the building of products. Key skills required:
- 4+ years overall experience as a web developer, preferably on scalable, data-driven, distributed web applications and/or high-traffic web or mobile web properties with exceptional UI/X
- Solid understanding of web design and development best practices, responsive web design, coding, debugging, and testing patterns.
- Experience with agile software development methodologies and productivity tools
- Design and UX expertise
- Expertise developing for the mobile web (HTML5)
- Familiarity with MVC frameworks, particularly node.js / backbone.js / ember.js / coffeescript
- Active Facebook API developer
- Previous start-up experience
- Creator or contributor to an open source project
- Experience building Chrome/Firefox extensions
Experience in web or mobile performance and optimization
Our perks are always evolving, and all employees share equally with senior management. We provide full life and AD&D insurance as well as premium vision, dental, and extended health care benefits. The team receives quarterly credits to exciting products & experiences as well as additional bonuses as the company achieves milestones. We believe time outside of the office helps us think outside the box, and using great products helps us build them better.
Axiom Zen runs on a dual model: we drive healthy revenue but also invest in R&D for the future. Between our stock options and equity ownership plans and our contributions to traditional retirement programs, you can rest easy that a career with us is well rewarded. We are also very keen on supporting intellectual growth, and will provide financial support for courses, seminars, certification, and degree programs as appropriate for long-term employees.