Windows Kernel Engineer
Engineering | Mountain View, CA
Windows Kernel Engineer
You are an experienced engineer and working on high-visibility technical projects is your passion. The products you will own and develop are at the center of our Disaster Recovery offering. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and you are looking forward to learning, growing and making a difference alongside the most intelligent, hard-working and fun-loving people in the industry. You will be a mentor to emerging talent, a resident expert in low-level Windows development, and the Engineering team’s secret weapon in our Inter-departmental Dodgeball games.
Some of what you’ll be doing:
- Strategic: Managing the integration of Windows servers into Axcient's distributed storage and virtualization platform for disaster recovery
- Semi-Strategic: Develop performance improvements to substantially impact RPO (recovery point objective) and virtual server performance
- Day-to-Day: Develop file system and block-level filter drivers
- You are able to compile and maintain Windows kernel source code
- You will work with cross-functional groups, including product management and operations to analyze, diagnose and engineer fixes for critical problems
- You will crush driver development
- You have a working knowledge of scripting languages like BASH and Perl
- You understand backup and storage systems
- Windows kernel development is one of your many talents
- You possess a familiarity with distributed systems development and testing
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering with a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience, or a Masters with a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience are just some of your accomplishments
Axcient is an entirely new type of cloud platform that eliminates data loss, keeps applications up and running, and makes sure that IT infrastructures never go down. Designed for today’s always-on business, by mirroring an entire business in the cloud, Axcient makes it simple to access and restore data from any device, failover IT systems, and virtualize your entire office with a click - all from a single de-duplicated copy.
Because we hire only the best and brightest, we nourish that talent with an environment where people can innovate, thrive, and pursue their passions. Our competitive compensation package includes stock options, 401(k), and comprehensive health benefits – along with access to perks like free lunches and weekly team workout sessions.