Senior Software Engineer in Test
Engineering | Mountain View, CA
Axcient is one of the Bay Area’s top 10 fastest growing companies and top 10 best places to work, as ranked in Inc. magazine, the Silicon Valley Business Journal, and San Francisco Business Times. The Axcient cloud platform eliminates IT downtime and data loss for businesses by replicating laptops, desktops and servers to the cloud for easy file restore, application recovery and system failover. Axcient currently protects hundreds of thousands of machines and billions of files and applications in the Axcient cloud. In fact, more than 400,000 GB of new data is uploaded to the Axcient cloud each month.
Disrupting a Legacy Market:
At Axcient, we’re at the cutting edge of cloud computing, big data and next generation user experience as we build one of the largest, most scalable cloud infrastructures in the world. We are a team of disruptors and innovators committed to building the next market leader in the $30B data protection services market. We're taking on an industry that has been dominated by legacy enterprise software and hardware companies for decades, and standing it on its head by leveraging virtualization and cloud technologies. Follow us @Axcient.
Because we hire only the best and brightest, we nourish that talent with an environment where people can innovate, thrive, and pursue their passions. Our competitive compensation package includes stock options, 401(k), and comprehensive health benefits – along with access to perks like free lunches and weekly team workout sessions.
As a Software Engineer in Test, you have the opportunity to accelerate our time to market and improve the quality of Axcient products. Reporting to the Director of Quality and Engineering Services, you will be responsible for designing and implementing build and test infrastructure, creating and enforcing good engineering practices, and evaluating product quality for various Axcient releases. You will be working in an Agile environment and on a collaborative team with the shared goal of delivering excellent software. The lines between test and development are blurred by embracing our collective responsibility of writing testable, high-performance code.
Axcient’s leadership and innovation in the Business Continuity market offers you a great opportunity to make a big impact on the quality of software used by millions of people around the world.
- Write readable, robust, maintainable code that scales and performs well for millions of customers worldwide
- Work with the development and test engineering teams to automate testing
- Write unit and functional test cases using tools such as JUnit and Selenium, Bash and Python
- Participate in architectural initiatives, software engineering practices and code reviews
- Take responsibility for your features (End to End) from working with product management all the way through testing to deployment and support
- Analyze and decompose a complicated software system and design a strategy to test this system
- Must have Agile work experience and demonstrate success working effectively with Scrum teams
- Excellent communication skills
- Successfully deliver to an existing functional or design specification.
- Correctly estimate software schedules
- Understand test framework or subsystem reusability, modularity, and scaling.
- Work well within a team, and contribute effectively to the success of those you interact with regularly
- Understand and be able to reason about the business, as it relates to your area of expertise
- Develop the ability to diagnose, test and resolve live site issues
- Experience with source control system (SVN, GIT…)
- Experience with build management tools (make, Jenkins…)
- Schedule and maintain build processes on build server including scripts to add/change build functionality automating documentation
- BA/BS in CS or related field
- 6+ working experience in object-oriented design methodology and application development and testing
- SQA methodologies, tools and approaches (white box and automated testing experience) for a software company with frequent and short release cycles
- Excellent object-oriented design, testing and programming skills in C/C++
- Solid understanding of automation frameworks such as Selenium or JUnit
- Strong knowledge of Database interface and SQL
- Good scripting skills in at least one common language (Python, Perl, Shell, BASH, PowerShell…)
- Scrum master certified
- Knowledge of the Business continuity industry is a plus
- Deep knowledge of internet technologies
- Window or Linux Systems Administrations skills
- Basic networking skills