Marketing Automation Specialist
Marketing | Mountain View, CA
Axcient is one of the Bay Area’s top 10 fastest growing companies and top 10 best places to work, as ranked in Inc. magazine, the Silicon Valley Business Journal, and San Francisco Business Times. The Axcient cloud platform eliminates IT downtime and data loss for businesses by replicating laptops, desktops and servers to the cloud for easy file restore, application recovery and system failover. Axcient currently protects hundreds of thousands of machines and billions of files and applications in the Axcient cloud. In fact, more than 400,000 GB of new data is uploaded to the Axcient cloud each month.
Disrupting a Legacy Market:
At Axcient, we’re at the cutting edge of cloud computing, big data and next generation user experience as we build one of the largest, most scalable cloud infrastructures in the world. We are a team of disruptors and innovators committed to building the next market leader in the $30B data protection services market. We're taking on an industry that has been dominated by legacy enterprise software and hardware companies for decades, and standing it on its head by leveraging virtualization and cloud technologies.
Because we hire only the best and brightest, we nourish that talent with an environment where people can innovate, thrive, and pursue their passions. Our competitive compensation package includes stock options, 401(k), and comprehensive health benefits – along with access to perks like free lunches and weekly team workout sessions.
The Marketing Automation Specialist reports to the Sr. Director of Direct Marketing/Demand Gen and will create, implement, and deploy highly effective automated marketing programs and demand gen initiatives including email nurture campaigns, co-marketing with partners, direct mail programs, and more. This position requires someone creative, innovative, driven, and technical in nature. To be successful, you will have very strong written and verbal communication skills and a passion for innovative solutions, modern marketing practices, and customer success. In this position, you will play a key role in identifying, developing, and implementing campaigns that directly impact Axcient’s critical business metrics. We are seeking a HIGHLY motivated and results-driven individual who will thrive in a fast-paced environment. This is an excellent opportunity for a “roll up the sleeves” marketer to take their career to the next level.
- Program, implement, and manage email marketing programs and automated nurture campaigns focused on driving demand for Axcient’s partner channel.
- Drive best practices in marketing automation implementation and data management
- Leverage a "test, measure, and refine" approach with regular reports and recommendations to constantly improve program results and increase the impact of marketing on revenue and profitability.
- Execute highly effective direct response programs to significantly increase lead flow and pipeline generation.
- Research and propose new marketing program ideas along with data, costs, and estimated ROI to execute these programs.
- Become the expert on, and internal champion of Axcient’s marketing automation solution and own bringing our implementation to world class level
- Data hygiene, management, appends and cleansing of lists and lead databases.
- Bring expertise and best practice consultation to the development of email copy, landing pages, banner creative, and other marketing collateral.
- Develop, manage, and generate program metrics.
- Implement and refine lead scoring and manage systems for handing off leads to salesforce.com
- Bachelors Degree required, Advanced Degree a plus
- 2-3 years experience using Marketo or other similar Marketing Automation solution
- 3+ years experience creating and/or executing marketing strategy, programs or demand gen campaigns
- Excellent project management abilities
- Ability to successfully manage and deliver multiple complex projects simultaneously
- Strong organizational and planning skill with meticulous attention to detail
- Thorough understanding of marketing automation tools and ability to implement integrations with Salesforce.com and other tools
- Deep understanding of email best practices, CAN-SPAM compliance, email deliverability, email optimization,
- Experience creating HTML and CSS emails, creating templates within automation tools, and developing automated nurture campaigns.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to perform ROI analysis and identify tactics for constant improvement.
- Highly analytical, comfortable with data, and excellent at producing reports and analysis
- Passion for delivering results and driving internal and external customer success.
- Self-motivated, highly driven and self-assured
- Motivated self-starter with a high level of initiative and a sense of urgency.
- Ability to effectively accomplish goals while working in a team-based, open-office environment.