VMWare Operations Engineer, Linux*
IT & IS | Pleasanton, CA | Full Time and Contract
VMWare Operations Engineer, Linux 559486*
As a VMWare Operations Engineer in the Platform Engineering Organization, not only will you be responsible for keeping our systems up and running, you will also have the ability to shape the architecture to properly run our systems.
- Building out a complex cloud production infrastructure
- Continuing to secure our infrastructure to protect us and our customers
- Providing resiliency of the VMWare platform being the backbone of production environment
- VMWare experience should be at least 3-5 years.
- VMWare experience with linux administrator background (6 months)
- You have solid knowledge with VMWare technologies and infrastructure. You are familiar with DRS, vMotion, HA, Fault Tolerance, Affinity Rules, NSX
- You have worked with Linux environment and familiar with triaging complex performance or hardware issues.
- You have been responsible for running operations for a service that’s used by a large user base
- You understand the importance and impact that good operations can have on the rest of a product and the positive ripple effects that it can have across an entire engineering organization
- You have pulled back the covers and know how this Internet thing works end to end. Networks, servers, protocols, operating systems, services, no sql systems, query optimization, disks: to you nothing can be a 'black box.' Whenever there was a technology you did not understand, you grabbed the book and figured it out
- You have good understanding of networking concepts and administration.
- You have good knowledge of a coding language (e.x. Python)
- You understand the complexities of networking in a cloud environment and have vision to architect and implement a highly available, scalable, and secure network within a cloud environment
- VMware Hypervisors
- CentOS Linux
$60 per Hour Pleasanton, CA 94588 6 Month Assignment