Value Improvement Analyst
Accounting | San Francisco, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Value Improvement Analyst
Three initial goals:
Achieve the budgeted value improvement.
Build relationships with key stakeholders (i.e. hospital leaders, physicians, practice directors/managers).
Be proficient in extracting data from multiple systems and interpret and analyze the data and provide updates/recommendations to leadership.
- Partners with operational leaders to track, report, and analyze labor productivity data and provides recommendations for cost-effective best practices.
- Uses benchmarking data to identify key areas of opportunity and works with finance and operations to align resources appropriately to achieve cost targets.
- Develops recurring labor reports and establishes a reporting cadence along with presentation forums to provide regular support to key stakeholders.
- Advanced technical leader for projects and/or serves as an information resource on teams involved with identified cost savings and expense reduction recommendation.
- Provides highly complex analysis of financial and patient data and benchmarks, including clinical service line reporting, trend analysis, proformas, and forecasts, and the monitoring of key financial metrics.
- Uses financial and patient data to collaboratively produce feasibility studies, evaluations of ROI, and financial pro forma.
- Provides advanced project management oversight by measuring and tracking outcomes in value-improvement projects to ensure that any changes will maintain or improve care quality while simultaneously reducing cost.
- Includes being visible, communicating, ensuring a culture of accountability, and celebrating successes.
- Understands information technology architecture, usability, processing and reporting capabilities to perform highly complex queries and may take the lead on producing regular analyses and investigations of performance, utilization, clinical programs, market trends, and financial analyses.
- Provides reports and analysis for Vice Presidents and department managers.
- Through the development of a keen understanding of hospital operations, performs a variety of complex studies to analyze, evaluate and present findings regarding existing and proposed programs and services.
- Documents cost savings and revenue findings.
- Assists in obtaining, evaluating and presenting data necessary for critical decision making through analysis, service design or market research.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals and is capable of a high degree of independence in the performance of a variety of complicated tasks.
- Leads project teams to develop and optimize tools and sources for modeling data.
- Develops and recommends new metrics, systems, and processes to improve the value of decision support activities and efficiencies.
- Achieve the budgeted value improvement.
- Build relationships with key stakeholders (i.e. hospital leaders, physicians, practice directors/managers).
- Be proficient in extracting data from multiple systems and interpret and analyze the data and provide updates/recommendations to leadership.
- 5-7 years of healthcare Decision Support or Financial Analysis experience
- Ability to independently gather relevant data from stakeholder groups, perform statistical analyses, and organize into models that support budgeting and forecasting.
- In-depth understanding of decision support systems, with knowledge of business statistics, quantitative methods, relational databases, business development scorecards, data modeling, and performance and profitability analysis.
- In-depth knowledge of issues and aspects of clinical finance, planning, financial data management, budget development and business development.
- Proficiency in utilizing the tools to produce comprehensive, studies and actionable intelligence.
- Advanced organizational and project management skills, and ability to lead a team, prioritize tasks, and see projects through from inception to completion on schedule.
- Advanced interpersonal skills, with the ability to lead projects and teams and collaborate productively on highly-complex projects with key personnel at all professional and technical levels.
- Advanced written and verbal communications skills, with the ability to interpret and convey highly sophisticated technical and financial information in a clear, concise manner, and to make cogent presentations of analyses, reports, and investigation results.
- Advanced problem-solving skills analytical ability, and in-depth knowledge of documentation and reporting, with the ability to run highly complex queries and studies, to collect and analyze financial and performance data, and to produce relevant, meaningful reports, analyses, and forecasts.
- In-depth ability to work with senior staff and managers across departments, serving as a technical leader and information resource in decision support, and providing recommendations and advice on decision support processes, business and financial issues.
- Experience performing complex data analysis and transformation utilizing various iterations of SQL with tools such as Excel, MS-Access, MS SQL, or SAS.
- Understanding of variation and ability to apply statistical tools to large datasets to uncover anomalies
- Skills in project management and process re-design / re-engineering
- Exposure to analysis at both the summary and detail level is a plus.
$125K per Year San Francisco, CA 94117 6 Month Assignment