Unified Communications Engineer^
IT & IS | Englewood, CO | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Unified Communications Engineer 2725^
This UC Engineer must be a subject matter expert in SFB (Skype for Business) on-prem, SFB Hybrid, O365 and other Microsoft UC solutions. The individual will help deploy, support and operate the SFB hybrid, Skype for Business Online and Teams in a globally distributed environment. This resource will have primary responsibility in implementing the plan to migrate to Microsoft Teams. This role requires strong demonstrated skills in SFB technology, O365, SFB Online, PowerShell scripting, PowerShell using O365 modules, server maintenance and regular interaction with cross-functional teams, client and vendors. This individual will be responsible for producing all required deliverables including system design, documentation and operation guides as well as providing day to day operations and escalation support as appropriate. The focus will be on developing and testing mission critical enterprise solutions and implementation across multiple geographies of custom application development using PowerShell and advanced components of Microsoft technology. International and domestic travel could be required.
- Strong expertise with Microsoft Skype for Business, SFB Online and O365 infrastructure in a distributed, global environment
- Expertise in Skype Enterprise Voice configurations, policies, and routing over a complex WAN infrastructure (SBC, SIP, Media Gateways, VoIP, H.323, PBX, QoS), video and mobility
- Experience working with and managing UC vendors and global carriers
- Experience using monitoring and reporting tools to optimize and troubleshoot real-time services
- Good understanding of network concepts including TCP/IP sub-netting, voice policies, Trunking, routing, SMTP, DNS, DHCP, etc.
- Good understanding of cloud concepts especially relating to Microsoft Azure AD and Azure AD Connect
- Maintain and query MS SQL Backend databases. To include database mirroring, witness servers, and reporting servers.
- Maintain all trusted applications to include Exchange
- A good understanding of Certificates and TLS protocols
- Ability to apply project management skills to smaller projects in terms of building a plan for tracking tasks, timelines, risks, and issues
- Knowledge of operating enterprise systems within virtual environments (VMWare, Hyper-V, etc.)
- Experience in design and administration of Microsoft Windows Server environment, including but not limited to; Activity Directory Domains, Group Policy Objects, Web Services, DFS shares, Operating Systems, patches, and hotfixes
- Participate in on-call rotation. Responds to automated and customer generated alerts within 10 mins of receipt.
- Develop and improve internal and customer-facing processes for repeatable implementation, customizations, and/or maintenance of Microsoft communication systems
- Perform daily Enterprise-wide system status checks.
- Adhere to all incident, change and problem management procedures
- Requires 5+ years of technical experience in the fields of systems administration, systems integration, and networking
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other technical fields
- Vendor experience with Microsoft, VMWare, Cisco, AudioCodes, Sonus,
- Certificates preferred: MCSE, AWS Cloud Practitioner, and CCNA
- Other: PowerShell, MSSQL, other scripting tools, network diagnostic tools
- Innovative with a desire to apply IT to business problems.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Adept at reading, writing, and interpreting technical documentation and procedure manuals.
- Ability to conduct research into hardware and software issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas and solutions in user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated, accountable and directed.
- Must be able to handle multiple work items effectively.
- Skilled at working within a team-oriented, collaborative environment
$60-$65 per Hour Englewood, CO 80112 3 Month Assignment