Trucking Operations Manager 7426419
Operations | Houston, TX | Full Time
Trucking Operations Manager
Approx Salary - $135K
An Operations Manager will be responsible for growth and development of the trucking business organization in North America, driver retention, operations, safety, and quality. Achieving the budgeted financial performance and profitable growth while ensuring compliance, quality, client services and best practice methods. This position will work with Senior Managers to lead Operations Department with initiatives in conjunction with the company’s mission, goals and plans for growth over the next 5 years.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities include the following.
1) Direct activities related to dispatching, routing, and tracking transportation vehicles.
2) Plan, organize and manage the work of subordinate staff to ensure that the work is accomplished in a manner consistent with organizational requirements.
3) Direct investigations to verify and resolve customer or shipper complaints.
4) Implement schedule and policy changes.
5) Collaborate with other managers and staff members in order to formulate and implement policies, procedures, goals, and objectives.
7) Monitor operations to ensure that staff members comply with administrative policies and procedures, safety rules, and government regulations.
8) Promote safe work activities by conducting safety audits, attending company safety meetings, and meeting with individual staff members.
9) Develop criteria, application instructions, procedural manuals, and contracts for federal and state transportation programs.
10) Monitor spending to ensure that expenses are consistent with approved budgets.
11) Direct and coordinate, through subordinates, activities of operations department in order to obtain optimum efficiency of equipment, facilities, and human resources.
12) Direct activities of staff performing repairs and maintenance to equipment, vehicles, and facilities.
13) Conduct investigations in cooperation with government agencies to determine causes of transportation accidents and to improve safety procedures.
14) Analyze expenditures and other financial information in order to develop plans, policies, and budgets for increasing profits and improving services.
15) Negotiate and authorize contracts with equipment and materials suppliers, and monitor contract fulfillment.
16) Supervise workers assigning tariff classifications and preparing billing.
17) Set operations policies and standards, including determination of safety procedures for the handling of dangerous goods.
18) Recommend or authorize capital expenditures for acquisition of new equipment or property in order to increase efficiency and services of operations department.
19) Prepare management recommendations, such as proposed fee and tariff increases or schedule changes.
20) Conduct employee training sessions on subjects such as hazardous material handling, employee orientation, quality improvement and computer use.
21) Direct procurement processes, including equipment research and testing, vendor contracts, and requisitions approval.
22) Goal-setting and performance reviews for direct reports; quickly addressing performance issues in a constructive manner
23) Ensuring all trucks are routed by Transportation Manager to maximize on-time and efficient deliveries
24) Developing and Monitoring KPIs as determined by General Manager and Controller.