Technical Program Manager
Engineering | Sunnyvale, CA | Full Time and Contract
Technical Program Manager 5932
The Site Engineering Technical Program Management Group is looking for a Senior Technical Program Manager to join our team to drive Infrastructure Business Engineering (IBE) and Site Engineering (SE) projects. IBE scope includes focus areas of supply chain management, data center hardware and software process/systems projects, data analytics and metrics-related projects. SE focuses to ensure our platform to scale, stays resilient, and deliver delightful user experience all around.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated solid leadership in leading and managing project teams and programs to deliver successful outcomes. This candidate is expected to lead programs and projects of varying levels and partner with key business and technical leaders to define, prioritize and drive projects to successful and impactful delivery. The candidate will have an excellent balance of people, organizational, and technical skills, and can execute and deliver successfully in situations where authority is not a given. Influence, collaboration, and leadership across functional lines are essential.
The TPM role is highly diversified and includes initiating, planning and executing intermediate to large scale, cross-functional and company-wide programs.
- Plan, initiate and manage projects for the Infrastructure Business Engineering (IBE) and Site Engineering (SE) groups.
- Develop business strategy, supply chain management, data center hardware, and software process/systems projects, data analytics, and metrics-related projects.
- Build strong relationships with internal business units and technology partners and thoroughly understand their business processes and needs.
- Lead infrastructure business organization and engineering teams using an Agile framework: run backlog grooming sessions, sprint planning, standups, monitor burn down charts, resolve impediments to achieving goals, and coordinate retrospectives.
- Manage, maintain project backlogs, ensure forward momentum with project execution.
- Lead planning, execution, and delivery of large cross-functional initiatives.
- Partner with all levels of leadership on project execution and team efficiency.
- Resolve project conflicts and establish appropriate resolution paths.
- Evaluate, champion and drive adoption of appropriate Agile methodologies throughout the team.
- Interact one-to-one with individual technical contributors and senior engineering/business leaders.
- Drive quarterly roadmap, resource planning activities and deliverables.
- B.S. or B.A. in an engineering or technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 3+ years of experience managing projects/programs within an infrastructure implementation and operations environment.
- 2+ years of experience managing projects using Agile Methodologies (e.g. Scrum, Kanban).
- Agile Scrum certification
- MBA preferred
- PMP certification
- 5+ years of experience managing projects/programs within an infrastructure implementation and operations environment.
- 3+ years of experience with project management and operational tools such as JIRA, MS Project, Smartsheet, SharePoint.
- Intermediate to advanced experience with MS Excel and MS PowerPoint skills
- Understanding of infrastructure technologies in systems, network and data center domains is a plus.
- Strong practical and advanced theoretical understanding of managing the lifecycle of large-scale programs and projects.
- Solid understanding of the software development lifecycle.
- Strong cross-functional and cross-organizational communication skills.
- Ability to traverse both vertically and horizontally in a large organization.
- Excellent balance of people, organizational, technical, and communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent major projects.
- Proven leadership skills in highly volatile cross-functional and cross-organizational environments.
- Experience developing roadmaps and resource plans with senior management teams.
- Strong bias for action and an intrinsic ability to deal with ambiguity
$80-$90 Per Hour Sunnyvale, CA 94085 12 Month Assignment