Technical Consultant ^
Software ENG & DEV | Tucson, AZ | Full Time and Contract
Technical Consultant 3530 ^
The primary role of this position is to support the Operations-as-a-Service project team in the development and implementation of AWS services packaged into 4 primary service areas: Data Management, Serverless Web Sites, Tasks-as-a-Service (using AWS Step Functions), and generic Windows and Linux server procurement. These packaged services will also be fully managed with backup, monitoring, alerting and patching functions. There will be a full service front end developed to automate the procurement and management of these capabilities.
The successful candidate will be working within a dynamic, diverse, and continuously-evolving environment and therefore they must be flexible, nimble and efficient. The candidate will need to understand and apply AWS best practice development approaches to the defined requirements, assist in architecting the solutions, developing the end product using an Agile methodology, generate ideas for future releases and provide technical/architectural expertise and guidance as needed.
- Assists in the design, development and implementation of microservice-based solutions in AWS.
- Contributes to the development and support of architectural artifacts (e.g., documentation, system maps, service catalogs).
- Identifies and applies appropriate software architecture and integration patterns.
- Provides input into timelines and development schedules. Escalates issues quickly and appropriately.
- Participates in the ongoing review and refinement of proposed solutions. Documents standards, processes and follows defined best practices and Cloud Center of Excellence (CCoE) governance guidance.
- Participates as an application development and integration subject matter expert (SME).
- Coordinates with systems and operational support staff to troubleshoot and identify issues, resolve problems, and test solutions.
- Five years of development/integration experience involving complex, multi-tier, web-based application environments using relevant technologies and programming languages; OR,
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field AND three years of development/integration experience involving complex, multi-tier, web-based application environments using relevant technologies and programming languages; OR
- Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Containerization technologies (e.g., Docker)
- AWS Lambda writing skills
- AWS CloudFormation
- AWS Service Catalog
- Networking knowledge (understand VPC, subnets, security groups)
- AWS Services including but not limited to: S3, Step Functions, CloudFront, API Gateway, ECS
- Experience with microservice-based architectures.
- Experience with development using Agile-Scrum methodology.
- Skill in writing technical documentation
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent development efforts
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Strong analytical, inductive reasoning and problem-solving skills.
- Software version control tools, e.g. Git, Subversion.
- Linux operating system environments.
- Understand security products and issues impacting application and system-level integrations.
- Identity management concepts (single sign-on, identity federations, etc.).
- Service-oriented development and integration concepts (e.g. loose-coupling, composite services, microservices, message queues, enterprise integration patterns).
- A broad range of application- and system-layer protocols and connectivity methods.
- Modern application design patterns (e.g., MVC, IoC, dependency injection).
- Concepts of process orchestration and workflow.
- Agile development management tools and methodologies (e.g., Atlassian JIRA, Kanban).
- Knowledge of:
- Relational and NoSQL databases
- Multiple programming paradigms (e.g., functional, OOP, procedural).
- Event-driven architecture
- Serverless application technologies
- Automation of cloud-based service deployment using frameworks such as AWS CloudFormation, Ansible, SaltStack or Terraform
$50-$60 Per Hour Tucson, AZ and/or remote 6 Month Assignment