Technical Cloud Project Manager
IT & IS | Fort Lauderdale, FL | Full Time, Contract, and Temp to Perm
Technical Cloud Project Manager 675498
We are looking for a strong Cloud Project Manager who understands the technical aspects of site and product development with a focus on cloud migration and optimization across multiple platforms and from different environments. This Project Manager will work with cross-functional teams (i.e. DevOps, Engineering, and Management) while having a deeper focus on at least one Brand. Must be skilled at driving projects from inception to launch, including resource allocation, scheduling, risk management, and rollout and have deep knowledge of cloud architecture and SDLC.
- Manage the complete cloud migration path for multiple projects, including resource allocation and scheduling, as well as quality, stakeholder, risk management, rollout and change management.
- 70% of their time will be allocated toward Sports migration/ 30% toward News migration
- Organize the workflow of Engineers and DevOps to deliver the cloud migration on schedule and within budget.
- Create and execute project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Identify baseline KPIs to gauge impact to Cloud migration; continuously monitoring results and adjusting accordingly
- Identify project resource requirements and assign individual responsibilities.
- Effectively apply development methodology and enforce project standards.
- Minimize exposure on projects by clearly communicating potential risks at every stage.
- Create and ensure completion of project documents that remain current and organized.
- Take ownership of project scope and timing issues, driving them to resolution in a timely fashion.
- Integrate with specific business teams while communicating project progress with team members across the company.
- BA/ BS in Business, Engineering or related field required.
- Technical background required and Master’s degree a plus.
- Familiar with Jira, Google Suite as well as Bitbucket or similar repository
- Minimum 3 years of experience at building a Program / Project Manager on IT Data Center, Cloud, software development, or large enterprise software projects
- Experience working with both Agile and Waterfall development methodologies and PMP or equivalent qualification
- Possess strong technical acumen, with fundamental knowledge of key cloud technologies and tools (AWS, Docker, GCP, Terraform, Kubernetes). This knowledge doesn’t need to be practical, but at a level of understanding needed to lead development or release tasks, and identify and resolve issues in projects as they arise.
- Self-motivation, creativity, deadline enthusiastic, and relentless about quality and communication required. The candidate must work independently, proactively gather consensus from multiple internal stakeholders, holds themselves accountable for the success of the project, can drive prioritization, and be able to change tasks quickly & communicate changes effectively based on shifts in priorities or urgent deadlines.
- Passion for and knowledge of interactive technology and platforms required.
- Project Manager for a large scale website and/or vendor based solution provider of enterprise technology and PMP certification a plus.
- Solid understanding of Amazon Web Services Cloud, Google Cloud and other cloud providers.
- Experience working in a media entertainment environment with multiple stakeholders and distributed teams.
- Certified Scrum Master certification
$50-$55 per Hour Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309 6 Month Assignment