Tax Senior Analyst *
Accounting | Pleasanton, CA | Full Time and Contract
Tax Analyst 1381 *
We are looking for an experienced Tax Senior Analyst to join our growing Tax Team. The individual will play a key role in supporting the corporate income tax compliance and tax reporting under ASC 740 This individual will also have opportunities to assist other aspects of the corporate tax function. Our ideal candidate is a highly motivated and collaborative individual with relevant corporate tax experience and an eagerness to learn.
- Assist in the preparation of the quarterly and annual global income tax provision calculations and related financial statement disclosures and documentations, including computation of book to tax differences, tracking of deferred taxes inventory, uncertain tax positions under ASC 740-10 (FIN 48), and supporting tasks related to acquisition accounting ASC 805 and stock-based compensation ASC 718 (FAS 123R).
- Prepare corporate U.S. federal and state income tax return workpaper and review returns prepared by outsourced service provider. Responsibilities include both U.S. domestic and international tax filings, including book tax difference and provision to return true up. analysis, Form 5471 and 8858, foreign tax credits and earnings and profit computations.
- Perform tax research and analysis of technical tax issues, tax legislation and regulatory proposals.
- Support continuous improvements in tax provision and compliance process to optimize efficiency, such as assistance in the implementation and maintenance of the tax provision software.
- Provide ad-hoc support to other tax projects.
- Provide support to both internal and external audits.
- Minimum 5 years of corporate tax provision and compliance experience with public accounting firm and/or corporate tax department
- Possess a solid understanding and working knowledge of ASC 740 principles, as well as general federal, state and international tax concepts
- Strong computer skills utilizing MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Experience in Onesource or CorpTax compliance and provision is highly desirable
- Detail-oriented with good analytical and communication skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, MS in Tax or CPA preferred
$55-$60 Per Hour Pleasanton, CA 94588 3+ Month Assignment