Accounting | Houston, TX | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Tax Accountant 8340995
The Tax Accountant is primarily responsible for the accounting process related to statutory regulations in the country of operations. Understand US GAAP, and IFRSExcel
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Reviews balance sheet account, reconciles and prepares associated balance sheet notes.
- Analyzes Profit & Loss variance and reviews detailed revenue and cost transactions.
- Responsible for subsystem control of statutory and fiscal values including fixed asset fiscal values.
- Controls and prepares legal entity general ledger entries including prepayments, accruals, allocations and so on.
- Reconciles and controls differences between fiscal and management accounting practices.
- Reviews customs, VAT and excise tax compliance.
- Prepares statutory and fiscal accounts.
- Coordinates with Tax the preparation of Income Tax returns.
- Understands, reviews, implements and complies with Sarbane Oxley requirements as defined in the risk control matrix.
- Complies with applicable company policies, including Personnel, Quality System and Health, Safety and Environment standards and procedures.
- Successfully complete required safety training.
- Finance or Accounting Degree Required.
- Spanish Speakers required
- 2 years of required experience
- Problem Solving: project estimation & complexity, creative and innovative quality solutions, analytical oriented, and good decision-making skills.
- Leadership: functions independently and in a team, project mgt. skills, mentoring skills and can set/accomplish objectives.
- Communication: oral/written communication skills, customer services oriented, and interacts frequently with peer groups, subordinates and senior mgt. advising on area of responsibility.
- Cross Discipline: Understanding of interaction with other disciplines, Company strategy and the principles of Quality Management.
$27 per Hour Houston TX 77077 6 Month Assignment