Strategic Sourcing Manager *
Procurement | Sunnyvale, CA | Full Time and Contract
Strategic Sourcing Manager 5489 *
This role requires a customer orientation with emphasis on leadership, strong analysis, category expertise, global experience, and a passion for driving innovation and solutions. The successful candidate will have a strong ability to build great relationships.
This position requires seasoned experience with strategic sourcing methodologies related to indirect procurement commodities including market and spend analysis, building and maintaining a Category Plan, partnering with BU leadership to define priorities, report progress and manage performance of the Category Plan. The Sourcing Manager directly manages key spend areas and directs performance of other category purchases in North America region. In addition, the Strategic Sourcing Manager monitors supplier performance.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in sourcing for Technology and Cloud agreements, particularly large and complex enterprise agreements, which could include business and technical requirements gathering, supplier selection, due diligence, risk and compliance evaluation, contract definition and negotiation, financial structuring, and sourcing strategy.
- Responsible for supplier selection and the development of data analysis and requirements for informed supplier decisions
- Manage the execution of request for proposals, bid analysis, contract development, and negotiation
- Establish and nurture relationships with key business stakeholders to facilitate formulation and execution of long-term sourcing strategies establishing clear and measurable goals focused on continuous improvement
- Serve as subject matter expert for best-in-class procurement practices and tools, and experienced in working with numerous cross-functional disciplines such as information security, compliance, risk management, supplier risk, and law
- Identify and execute new or creative approaches, strategies and processes to address a business need
- Develop policies and procedures and lead negotiations with key business partners and identified suppliers to manage demand for spend and ensure the best quality, service and cost to achieve business objectives
- Develop and manage internal customer relationships and mange leadership expectations
- Be the Customer voice into the Strategic Sourcing (SS) team, driving operational excellence into SS global practices and conversely evangelize the SS value proposition to the Technology team.
- Operate as a Program Manager for key global initiatives.
Nature of Impact-This role primarily interfaces with North America Key stakeholder and business partners, including managing directors, business leaders etc. A key responsibility is to build strong business partner relationships and serve as a trusted advisory for developing and collaborating on program, category, and sourcing strategies.
Area of Impact-This role can significantly impact business decisions related to supplier evaluation, supplier selection, and maintaining compliance with policies/procedures.
Various issues and concerns/problems may arise due to the nature of the role that requires strong problem solving and analytical skills. The nature of such problems may relate to managing the overall Sourcing process, maintaining compliance with established programs/policies, conducting supplier due diligence, and conducting sourcing analytics, such as spend analysis, lease vs. buy, development of dashboards and metrics, etc.
Candidate must have extensive experience with best-in-class procurement practices, processes, tools, and working with numerous cross-functional disciplines such as information security, compliance, risk management, supplier risk, and law.
Business or Industry Expertise:
Candidate should have a very good understanding, knowledge and Sourcing experience related to Technology, Cloud Services, and Saas.
This role requires extensive interactions with various business groups including control partners such as Law, Compliance, Supplier Risk, Information Security, Corporate Security, Tax, HR, etc. Therefore, candidate should possess strong skills in relationship building, negotiation, communication, coupled with diplomacy and professionalism.
- Experience in contract analysis, negotiation, financial modelling and RFP/ RFI/RFQ creation and evaluation.
- Strong experience in contract and pricing negotiations required.
- Candidate must be able to effectively build relationships as well as influence and drive change in a cross-functional team environment
- Executive presence: Comfortable communicating with executives and tailoring effective communications to various levels within the organization.
- Strong communication and presentation skills required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Information Technology,
- Strategic Sourcing or related field required
- Minimum of eight to ten years of relevant experience in strategic sourcing required
- MBA preferred; CPSM certified preferred; Professional Certifications related to process improvement, strategic sourcing or asset management
- Knowledge and experience negotiating platform in support of the following businesses Technology, Saas, Software, and Cloud based tools
- Experience with acquisition integration in a Sourcing Role
- Experience with Oracle iProcurement, Apttus Contracts, Scout RFP
$75-$85 Per Hour Sunnyvale, CA 94085 4 Month Assignment