Strategic Sourcing Analyst 3309
Procurement | Sunnyvale, CA | Full Time and Contract
Strategic Sourcing Analyst
This role requires partnership with the business to strategically manage spend for the technology category. The Strategic Sourcing Analyst will perform sourcing activities, lead contract negotiations and award to supplier.
The Strategic Sourcing Analyst will be responsible for negotiating and administering of order forms, pricing agreements, and service contracts. The applicant must display the characteristics to create and review analysis reports, strongly represent the Strategic Sourcing department in company meetings, interact with other departments, effectively lead negotiations and work efficiently handling multiple responsibilities.
- Ability to analyze category spend, and to connect with business leaders in an effort to define and strategically leverage spending to include proactive focus on major spend initiatives.
- Propose and drive opportunities for optimal cost savings through analysis of current spend and external category analysis and benchmarking.
- Lead or facilitate the supplier selection, Request for Proposal (RFP) projects and negotiation process to deliver agreements that include excellent long-term pricing models, measurable service level/performance criteria, effective remedies for non-performance, mechanisms for monitoring performance/remedies, etc.
- Partner with Legal team to ensure negotiations result in optimal terms.
- Work with internal staff and other departments as a team player to achieve desired goals.
- Effectively communicate the mission of Strategic Sourcing and educate internal stakeholders: must be able to understand and interpret the difference between what stakeholder asks for, what they actually need, and what contracts/buying arrangement may already exist to serve those needs
- 5+ years experience in purchasing related background.
- 3+ years experience in managing multiple commodity areas and effectively procuring goods/services in a fast paced work environment is required.
- BA/BS degree in business, supply chain management or other related field.
- Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) or Senior Professional in Supply Management (SPSM) a plus.
- Expertise in technology categories and contracts, terms and negotiation
- Knowledgeable in the competitive bidding and pricing
- Knowledgeable in ERP Systems, Oracle 12 preferred
- Experience with report writing tools, OBIEE preferred
- Familiarity with Sarbanes Oxley
- Independent Judgment and Initiative
- Confidence in dealing with other departments, outside representatives and upper management
- Expertise in Project Management
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast paced environment
- Excellent communication, analytical, and negotiating skills
$45-$55 Per Hour Sunnyvale, CA 94085 12 Month Assignment