Strategic Internal Events Manager
Event Management | Pleasanton, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Strategic Internal Events Manager 1462
The Strategic Internal Events Manager is part of a team responsible for the project management and execution of Internal meetings and events. This workgroup is responsible for conferences, events, and meetings designed for employees, customer executives, alliance partners, industry analysts, and financial analysts. These events offer the opportunity to educate and empower attendees, inspire their community, and strengthen the brand relationship Must act as a trusted advisor to our internal stakeholders to ensure that our team is regarded as event marketers focused on improving the strategy for the events we manage.
- Ability to work with team managing events ranging from 100 to 4,000 employees.
- Must be exceptionally detail-oriented, independent and able to successfully manage multiple, concurrent project demands within established timelines.
- Previous experience working on large internal meetings with keynotes, mini keynotes, pre-conference training, 30+ breakout rooms, hackathons, and more.
- Ability to partner and manage a variety of agencies and software systems.
- Proactively bring new ideas and improved processes to the team for consideration. Push yourself, your workgroup, and your Event Marketing colleagues to think differently and produce exceptionally.
- Highly-competent budget development and management skills. Continually identify, propose, and implement cost-savings opportunities.
- Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, venue research; contract negotiation; budget development; expense tracking; staffing assignments; food and beverage coordination; ancillary event management; registration services; team communication; website coordination; creative services coordination; sponsorship creation coordination; technical coordination; speaker management; event logistics; branded merchandise; vendor coordination; and post-event analysis.
- Support when necessary, the content management lead in areas such as: Lanyon configuration and reporting, working with track owners to meet deadlines, setting up polling administration, etc.
- Create concise and effective attendee communications and oversee process to ensure on-time delivery.
- Own survey management and continuously improve survey build to collect strategic data.
- 5+ years of experience in event project management, executive event production, and/or conference production, in a fast-paced setting.
- Professional interpersonal skills for a spectrum of stakeholders including C-Suite members. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must thrive in a collaborative team approach.
- Computer skills required (at a minimum): Google Drive, Microsoft Office, Cvent and legacy Lanyon software, Survey Monkey, Workfront tool, mobile application knowledge.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field.
- 35% Travel required.
$60 per Hour Pleasanton, CA 94588 12 Month Assignment