Storage Engineer ^
Engineering | Santa Clara, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Storage Engineer 3592 ^
The Storage Engineer will evaluate and test different storage solutions that use VMware and other Hypervisors. The candidate will work with engineering and product management teams closely to develop the new testing methodology, perform testing and collaborate with the development team to ensure the quality of the products.
- Testing, evaluation, and implementation of storage solutions that use various hypervisors
- Design and perform complex testing and evaluate features like Erasure Coding, Dedupe, Compression, migration etc.
- Test and measure application and storage performance for potential bottlenecks and identify possible resolution
- Create and document detailed test plans, methodologies, performance briefs, Implementation Guides and other technical documents that detail the configurations, test methodology results, and Best Practices.
- Assist cross-functional teams in troubleshooting and problem identification
- Develop automated test scripts
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering/ Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5 years of in-depth knowledge and hands-on experience in VMware ESXi, vSPHERE, vSAN and other virtualization products like Hyper-V, KVM etc.
- 3 years of hands-on experience in Software Defined Storage, Hyper-Converged technologies and Solutions (VMware vSAN, Nutanix, Datera etc.)
- Good hands-on experience with any of the IBM/HP/EMC/NetApp storage products.
- Hands on experience to anyone public cloud environment like AWS, Azure, GCP is a huge plus
- VMware and any one cloud certification is a huge plus
- Intermediate Operating System skills - Linux & Windows
- Experience with performance analysis of storage solutions and how it relates to the hosts
- Competent with at least one of the following scripting languages; Python/Perl/Bash/KSH
- Excellent documentation skills in creating test procedures, workflows, diagrams, and customer-facing white papers
- Excellent internal and external customer skills.
- Possess the ability to work and communicate with the senior leadership team
- A team player and fast technology adoption is a must
$60-$65 per Hour Santa Clara, CA 95050 11 Month Assignment