Sr. Systems Engineer^
IT & IS | Sunnyvale, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Sr. Systems Engineer 5092^
As a Sr Systems Engineer on the Cloud Infra and Platforms Team, you will be supporting the core team who are currently working on migrating the infrastructure from On-Prem to the Cloud. The core individual responsibilities include Managing the On-Prem VMware ESX Infrastructure and the Windows Server & Services for internal business partners at our company.
- Participation in back-end operational duties, including management of existing and deploying new Windows Server systems, monthly patching, backup/restores, inventory, troubleshooting issues, performance, capacity, defining disaster recovery plans, establish procedures and documentation.
- Provide overall support, monitoring, reporting, GPOs, tooling, and automation of the VMWARE ESX 6.0 environment, Windows server platform and related Windows Based Enterprise Services like DHCP, WSUS, DNS, DFS, RDS.
- Lead development of PowerShell and DSC scripts to automate and improve processes.
- Build great tools for Self-Help and Infrastructure Automation to reduce the ticket workload for Lower Tier Support and speed up user ticket resolution.
- Work closely with Helpdesk and Regional IT to see how we can help reduce or automate the ticket count for the Windows services.
- Participation in client-end operational duties related to the Services supported by the team.
- Knowledge sharing, conducting training or mentoring as needed to the team.
- Deliver improvements to source code management, cost control, security, monitoring, and audit.
- Meet the Work collaboratively with peers in the Compute team on virtualization and cross-platform interoperability tasks.
- Participate in the 12x7 US Oncall Rotation, collaborate with the extended Core Bangalore Team, and be available to work with Global Helpdesk, Regional IT and other teams in the event of critical outages. 90% Operations work and Automation focused with a 10% focus on Project Work.
- 6+ years in IT, 5+ specifically related to management of Windows Server systems hosted in a virtual environment
- 4+ years scripting in PowerShell
- Experience supporting Windows server 2012 and 2016 systems in an environment with Windows, Mac, and Linux clients.
- Experience in core protocols such as TCP/IP, SSH, SMTP, LDAP, DNS, OSI Layer, networking concepts, VLANs, Firewall, ACLs and Load-balancers.
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting n-tier applications utilizing a least privilege model.
- Work with business units to translate needs into technical requirements to design, implement, and support applications utilizing recommended best practices.
- Experience with Windows 2012 and Windows 2016
- Experience with VMware ESX 6.0
- Experience with authoring custom PowerShell cmdlets and modules, PowerShell best practices, and Desired State Configuration (DSC)
- Experience participating in IT compliance audits (PCI, SOX, etc)
$70-$75 per Hour Sunnyvale, CA 94085 12 Month Assignment