Sr. Systems Engineer ^
Software ENG & DEV | Sunnyvale, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Sr. Systems Engineer 5880 ^
We are looking for a highly-skilled, self-motivated, exceptional Systems Engineer to help us scale our organization and our infrastructure in support of a rapidly growing business. This position will be part of our Systems Operations team, focused specifically on running configuration management and automation services at the company including CFEngine and tools written in Python/Perl/Bash. The individual hired for this role should have experience with automation at scale, centralized configuration management, and supporting an operations team by providing tools, training, and documentation.
- Work on automating the entire cloud infrastructure deployment process of some of the worlds most groundbreaking entertainment projects.
- DevOps/SRE that will take part in the full deployment and support of security software, high availability network systems, and innovative products.
- Dynamic and high availability environment serving large scale data.
- Experience in public and private cloud hosting services (AWS, Azure) as well as familiarity with container computing (e.g. Docker, Mesos, Kubernetes).
- Software Development Continuous Integration (CI) Pipeline knowledge (e.g. Jenkins/Gitlab CI)
- Advanced skills in at least one programming language such as C# with Azure and able to build unit test suites for all software being developed.
- Independently resolve moderately to highly complex system and application incidents.
- Communication of ideas and solutions in a clear and organized manner.
- Understanding of Data Models and Analytics.
- Experience with message-oriented middleware such as Kafka
- Expertise with RDBMS systems (preferably Oracle)
- Experience with NoSQL databases (preferably Cassandra)
- Experience with in-memory caching using Redis, Memcached, etc.
- Experience with container and orchestration technologies such as Docker, Swarm, Kubernetes, etc.
- Azure certified solutions developer (Azure preferred)
- Certified or demonstrable experience with cloud platforms in a production environment
- Experience in implementing a containerized solution using Docker, Azure Kubernetes Service, AWS Elastic Container Service, etc.
- Deep knowledge of Azure/AWS computing, storage, logging and monitoring, auditing and security services
- Solid understanding of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery best practices
- Building Azure Dev Ops YAML Pipelines
- Packaging and Deployment of Artifacts with Build Agents
- Practical experience of using version control systems (Git preferred)
- Practical experience building and maintaining automated operational infrastructure
- Practical experience with administering IaaS/PaaS (Azure - preferred)
- Scripting experience