Sr. Software Engineer ^
Software ENG & DEV | Fort Lauderdale, FL | Full Time and Contract
Sr. Software Engineer, Perl Developer 736178 ^
The Senior Software Engineer will be an integral part of the development team which will re-engineer parts of our fantasy sports application to be portable and cloud-ready. This includes removing dependencies on physical servers (local file storage), NFS filesystems and older datastores (like Berkley DB and Perl storable files) Best practices and design methods will be utilized to ensure the success of the project.
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- Extensive understanding of Object Oriented Perl Programming and Design.
- Experience developing web applications in Apache/mod_perl.
- Working knowledge of Linux OS environment and basic shell scripting.
- Well-rounded knowledge of web serving, data structures, DB design, caching strategies
- Experience with MySQL, MongoDB, Memcache, Redis, and/or equivalent SQL/NoSQL technologies
- Familiarity with Docker containers, web APIs and development frameworks.
- Experience with AWS environment and migrating to the cloud
- Experience with unit, integration, and regression testing
- Ability to work in a collaborative, innovative, flexible and team-oriented environment
- Experience with HTML, CSS, and user interface design.
- Familiarity with using version control systems (SVN and git).
- Knowledge of sports and fantasy gaming products are a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
Required Skills/Additional Notes:
- Understanding of Perl, Fantasy sports
- Object Oriented Perl
- Has experience with design patterns other than MVC
$75-$80 Per Hour Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309 12-24 Month Assignment