Sr. Software Development Engineer*
Software ENG & DEV | San Mateo, CA | Full Time and Contract
Sr. Software Development Engineer 1070*
The Analytics Organization is laser-focused on building the next great data analytics technologies. If you join us, you can expect to work with talented, driven, creative and results-oriented co-workers who also bring joy and balance to their work in a fast paced environment. We have assembled a uniquely diverse engineering team with experience ranging from academic and industrial research to building and delivering cutting-edge software. We are building desktop-class web applications that operate at the intersection of distributed systems, high-performance analytics, HCI and computer graphics.
As part of the Analytics platform team, you will be responsible for R&D of a distributed, scalable integration platform in the cloud. We are building an integration platform to handle modern volumes, varieties, and velocities of data in cloud to facilitate faster operational and historical analytics. You will work with a top-notch backend team in design and development of a distributed, multithreaded framework that will bring in data from customer’s premise, external clouds and manage the evolution of data and schema efficiently.
- You have experience in building complex, multithreaded, distributed systems, using Java/Scala.
- Knowledge of Cloud-based integration platforms and connector frameworks.
- You are an expert in Web Services and REST API design and implementation
- You care about Performance and Scalability of the modules you design and implement.
- You take pride in your knowledge of the art of writing code.
- You also excel in the ability to juggle priorities and make the right tradeoffs in feature content and timely delivery of features while ensuring customer success and technology leadership for the company.
- Familiarity with Hadoop technologies such as Spark, MapReduce, YARN.
- You have a BS in Computer Science with 5 years of experience, MS in Computer Science with 2 years of experience.
- Tags: Java, Scala, Spark, Hadoop, Cloud, Distributed Systems, Integration Platforms, Backend
$140-$150 per hour San Mateo, CA 94402 6 Month Assignment