Sr. Payroll Specialist 598837*
Accounting | San Francisco, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Sr. Payroll Specialist*
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for timely data gathering and preparation of semi-monthly and monthly payrolls for international entities, including but not limited to new hire registration, exit paperwork, employee transfers, etc.
- Serve as a backup for US and Canada semi-monthly payroll, including but not limited to new hire registration, exit paperwork, employee transfers, etc.
- Partner with US and global HR, Payroll and Finance teams to proactively identify and address issues; provide timely support and resolution
- Manage relationships with various payroll providers with focus on the accuracy and timely receipt of payroll reports; data validation and resolving discrepancies within tight deadlines.
- Coordinate payroll approvals and funding instructions with Finance team
- Provide timely and high value customer service to Riverbed employees ensuring research and responses are thorough
- Ensure compliance with statutory regulations, company policies, and internal controls.
- Reply to tax notices, wage orders, unemployment claims, government correspondences, and verification of employments for Riverbed entities
- Process equity-based transactions in accordance with reporting requirement of each country
- Support various internal and external audits
- Coordinate with Benefits Department and 3rd party providers to ensure group insurance benefits, life, disability and personal accident insurance are accurately recorded in Employee Earnings Statement and the Employers’ Returns
- Support company management, Finance and Treasury teams with month-end close and reporting activities.
- Ad hoc projects as assigned
Qualifications and Required Skills:
- Experience with payroll and related software platforms, including ADP Workforce Now
- Oracle R12 experience preferred
- 3+ years related experience processing US and Canada payroll
- 3+ years related experience processing global payroll
- Advanced Excel and strong analytical skills
- Accuracy with record keeping and reconciliation
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Vendor management skills preferred but not required
- Strong relationship building skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
$43 per Hour San Francisco, CA 94107 4 Month Assignment