Sr. Full Stack Engineer
Software ENG & DEV | San Francisco, CA | Full Time and Contract
Senior Software Engineer
- Design, develop, test, and release features for Company’s user facing products that are crucial for business expansion and growth.
- Collaborate with product managers, designers and engineers to identify opportunities and implement solutions that provide positive value to our students and our business.
- Plan, organize, and complete work within agile sprints. Communicate effectively on progress and meeting expectations.
- Participate in code reviews, design discussions, and develop features and solutions that scale.
- Serve as a technical lead for various projects/tasks as needed.
- Use best software development practices and processes to coach and mentor junior engineers to become proficient developers.
- Contribute to a team culture that values openness, quality, robustness, and scalability while fostering innovation.
- Identify and evaluate new technologies that improve performance, maintainability and elegance of our software implementation.
- Minimum four (4) years of experience as a full-stack software engineer.
- Object Oriented software design patterns and computer science fundamentals (e.g. data structures, algorithms).
- Web application development using modern framework.
- Web Framework ORMs (e.g. Django, Rails, Zend, etc.)
- Python or other scripting languages such as Ruby, PHP (minimum 2 years), etc.
- Relational DB (e.g. MySQL) including development of complex SQL queries
- Linux and/or Unix
- Real-time messaging and NoSQL infrastructures: Redis, RabbitMQ, Celery
- Testing methods, including unit and integration tests
- Ability to learn and work with existing code bases, up and down the software stack.
- Willingness to "go the extra mile" when needed.
$140k-$160k (rate flexibility depending on experience) San Francisco, CA 94107