Sr. Executive Assistant 587451
Administrative | San Francisco, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Sr. Executive Assistant
We are seeking a highly accomplished Sr. Executive Assistant to support the Chief Sales Officer CSO. Reporting to his Chief of Staff, you will be the primary point of contact internally and externally on all matters pertaining to the CSO’s daily operating needs. The Sr. Executive Assistant must be creative and enjoy working in a high energy environment and be very results driven. The ideal candidate will have the ability to exercise solid and independent judgement in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and sophisticated organizational skills.You should also have the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. Your ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, to working under pressure with grace, poise, and respectability at all times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion is valued and required.
- Interfaces directly with the CSO and his staff
- Handles details of a highly confidential and critical nature which requires in-depth knowledge of company operations, policies, and procedures, as well as preparing correspondence at times
- Knows how to work effectively as a team player, working well with peers and members of the greater organization
- Works on problems of diverse scope where both analysis of data and judgement is required
- Extensive calendar management and coordination of a very active calendar
- Plans, coordinates and ensures the CSO’s schedule is followed and respected. Provides “gatekeeper” and “gateway” role, creating a win-win situation for direct access to the CSO’s time
- Collects and prepares information for use in discussions/meetings of senior leaders and other outside executives
- Completing expense reports in a timely manner
- Extensive travel planning and coordination, that is complex and detailed at times, including providing itineraries and agenda’s and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Prepares and tracks purchase orders and invoices
- Handle logistics for Sr. Sales Leadership meetings, off-sites, and team motivation events
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the CSO and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust, and support with the executive team.
- Works closely and effectively with the CSO to keep him well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Acts as “barometer,” having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the CSO updated.
- Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgment emails, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the CSO’s ability to effectively lead the business.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Serves as the CSO’s administrative liaison to Executive level staff
- Maintains discretion and confidentiality in relationships with all Executive level staff
- Able to work non-standard, flexible work hours as required.
- Travel: approx. 25%
- Bachelor's degree
- Based in San Francisco
- 5 plus years of experience providing C-Level executive support in the Tech Space
- Proven leadership skills and teaming capability. Ability to coach and inspire others.
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Lync), Adobe Acrobat and social media web platforms.
- Ability to identify business issues and coordinate an appropriate response with key stakeholder
- Fundamental project management experience, including development of basic project plans and successful execution
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, Senior Executives and external partners
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Emotional maturity Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high-performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Forward-looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
$42 per Hour San Francisco, CA 94107 6 Month Assignment