Sr. DevOps Software Engineer 532887
Software ENG & DEV | Santa Clara, CA | Full Time and Contract
Sr. DevOps Software Engineer
We are seeking a senior software engineer with software and systems integration experience.
The ideal candidate is highly motivated, independent, and works well from design guidelines, providing design feedback to the solution or service architect. This person will be responsible for the delivery, quality, availability and performance of multiple solution offerings.
The application should be proficient in modern software architectures built on microservices, serverless, containerization, and platform as-a-service technologies. In particular, development experience with Kubernetes and/or spine-leaf networking is a must.
You will develop and deliver new offerings into the global enterprise IT market and enable existing products, platform solutions, and social innovation programs across the company to expand and compete in new ways.
- Responsible for the design, development, and implementation of software to integrate solutions components
- Responsible for the design, development, and implementation of software of new technical solutions
- Develop and implement unit, integration and end-to-end system tests
- Troubleshoot and resolve integration issues between solution components
- Automate administrative, development, and deployment
- Create and update essential engineering documents including specifications, reports, plans, and presentations.
- Review requirements and design documents and drive for clarity
- Evaluate, recommend, and test new technologies and systems
- Participate in engineering design and feature discussions
- Build and maintain expertise in evolving technologies and tools used for software development and DevOps
- BS/MS in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- 8+ years of experience
- Experience working in fast-paced Agile teams
- Experience developing cutting-edge solutions
- Experience building large CI/CD pipelines
- Strong automation skills
- Advanced problem solving methodologies
- Ability to learn new tools and workflows with little or no supervision
- Travel required for training, meetings, etc
- Strong communications and collaboration skills
- Proficient in multiple modern programming languages
- Strong knowledge of scripting languages such as Python
- Knowledge of microservices & serverless architectures
- Proficient in DevOps and software development technologies such as Jenkins, Travis CI, Ansible,Chef, artifactory, git, and/or Jira
- Proficient in applicaton virtualization technologies, such as containers (Docker, CoreOS, Kubernetes, Mesos) and VM’s (KVM, Zen, ESXi)
- Proficient in Agile methodologies
- Strong Linux/UNIX background
***Open to remote candidates in US - frequent communication with the hiring manager/team due to the pace of the project.
$90 Per Hour Santa Clara, CA 95050 3 Month Assignment (possible extension)