Sr Calibration Technician
Technical Operations | El Segundo, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Sr Calibration Technician 594142
- Calibrates and performs adjustments on pressure and vacuum test equipment ranging from 10-7 torr up to 20,000 psi.
- Understanding of different fittings, connectors and electrical pin-outs will be needed.
- Solves problems requiring breadth/depth of knowledge of calibration, metrology principles, and preventative maintenance techniques.
- Recommends corrective actions resulting in solutions that are cost effective and enhance the process.
- Maximizes the use of existing assets, multi-tasks effectively, and ensures resources are used properly.
- Uses software skills and/or technical ability to fix, enhance or develop calibration procedures.
- Ensures that all changes are approved and documented appropriately.
- Performs manual calibration procedures on Measurement and Test Equipment.
- Uses daily work schedules to appropriately factor volume, priority, customer expectations, and service center goals into decision making processes.
- Prior experience in pressure and vacuum calibration is strongly preferred. Applicant should have at least 2 years of related experience in a calibration or test environment.
- Strong PC and Microsoft Excel skills are a must.
- Requires excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Demonstrates electronic and mechanical competence.
- Works with clearly defined objectives on customer service assignments in a dynamic environment.
- Solves technical problems of limited scope and complexity.
- Performs adjustments, calibrations and basic repairs.
- Escalates more difficult repairs to experienced technicians.
- Exhibits the ability to build and maintain professional relationships with wide range of people.
- Adheres to the highest standards of business ethics.
- Provides consistent, solid contribution to team and service center delivery goals.
- Exercises good discretion in the use of time and other resources. Maximizes the use of existing assets, multi-tasks effectively, and ensures resources are used properly.
- Maintains high workmanship standards and delivers on commitments.
- Communicates effectively with internal and external customers.
- May initiate customer interaction as appropriate.
- Escalates issues through appropriate channels when necessary.
- This is done verbally or via written correspondence.
- Adheres to established production processes and is responsible for achieving established team production goals.
- Learns new, emerging technologies rapidly.
- Quickly becomes proficient in calibration support and adjustment as new products are introduced.
- Takes initiative and seeks to expand overall experience level.
- Ability to work shift: 1PM - 9:30PM
$31 per Hour El Segundo, CA 90245 24 Month Assignment