Accounting | San Francisco, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Sr. Accountant 629026
The Senior Accountant is responsible for providing support to the US General Ledger Accounting group by applying generally accepted accounting principles and procedures to analyze financial information, prepare accurate and timely financial reports and statements, and ensure appropriate internal control procedures. The Senior Accountant will be expected to exhibit the highest professional standards, ethical principles, and attention to detail while working on numerous routine and ad hoc accounting support functions. Other valued attributes that we are seeking are a strong work ethic, capacity to get things done independently, and consistent performance with a sense of urgency and commitment.
- Responsible for month-end close procedures for US entity, including preparation of monthly journal entries, account reconciliation and analysis of results.
- Maintain and reconcile various Balance Sheet Accounts as required.
- Reconcile cash accounts including operating and payroll bank accounts.
- Responsible for accounting for Fixed Assets that include recording acquisitions and dispositions, tracking and closing out project costs, and conducting periodic physical counts.
- Reconcile Prepaid Expenses, Intangible Assets, Deferred Rent, and various accrued expenses.
- Partner with FP&A to help analyze and document balance sheet and income statement activity and variances.
- Prepare relevant schedules for quarterly reviews and annual audits; work closely with external auditors.
- Support accounting team’s commitment to timely and accurate processing of accounting transactions in accordance with US GAAP and the Company’s internal controls.
- Proactively identify issues and implement process improvements to streamline accounting processes.
- Help establish and maintain policies and procedures and internal controls.
- Perform other special projects and analyses as directed by management.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- 3-4+ years of progressive accounting experience, preferably a minimum of 2 years in public accounting.
- CPA, CPA eligible or working towards a CPA (strongly preferred).
- In-depth knowledge of US generally accepted accounting principles.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook) with advanced Excel skills
- Experience with Oracle is a plus.
- Must have the ability to execute multiple tasks, be detail oriented, committed to high quality and have the ability to adhere to strict deadlines in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, including the ability to work collaboratively and build strong relationships across the organization.
- Proactive, assertive, and creative approach to problem-solving.
- Strong organizational, leadership, and interpersonal skills
$45 per Hour San Francisco, CA 94107 6 Month Assignment