Sr. Accountant 3767*
Accounting | Sunnyvale, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
This role serves as an ambassador at the group level, working collaboratively with each of the regional statutory, accounting operations & other key business partners/groups. In addition, being a representative of the IP&C member, this individual will be expected to work hand in hand with the Regional Statutory Compliance Leads/Managers (RSCs) in overall coordination and oversight of the statutory audit and filing obligations. This role also is a key business partner with the Legal Compliance team that is essential to make timely filings for each legal entity.
Primary tasks include the following but are not limited to:
- Performing assessments between US GAAP, IFRS, and Local GAAP accounting treatments and prepare the required analysis necessary to help drive regional decision.
- Support the local needs in order to prepare year-end financial statements (in-house and outsourced) and necessary information for footnote disclosures.
- Oversight and tracking of all global engagements of all Statutory Audits with oversight and coordination of PBC requests for various statutory audits and liaise as the central point of contact to serve as a central escalation point
- Assist in the preparation and submission of the mandatory Financial - Statistical Returns/Surveys for all EMEA/NAMER entities.
- Routine communication for ongoing global process of annual statutory compliance requirements to all stakeholders (tax, legal, finance, etc)
- Administrate the required tasks for filing requirements in partnership with the legal compliance team (i.e. quality control of financial review package, approvals and sign off, dividend proposals, etc)
- Consistently drive efficiencies in your area
- CPA with experience at a public accounting firm of at least 3+ years
- CPA license with 4-6 years of accounting/finance experience at a US based multi-national company
- Oracle Experience or other ERP equivalent
- Financial reporting or other financial statement reporting tool equivalent
- Statutory Compliance experience – experience dealing with statutory and tax issues
- Experience working across cultures and geographies
- Project Management skills
- Strong Excel and Power Point skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to integrate quickly into new teams and companies
- Ability to establish and foster working relationships with business partners and external parties
- Capable of administering multiple simultaneous tasks, and able to prioritize with conflicting timelines
- Able to work independently and exercises good judgment
- Able to think through resolutions prior to escalating
- Must be able to thrive in a dynamic environment, can think and work quickly and independently to specific deadline.
$85-$114 per Hour Sunnyvale, CA 94085 11 Month Assignment