Human Resources | Houston, TX | Full Time and Contract
Sourcing Manager 8815348
Implements sourcing plans and tactics to effectively manage the sourcing activities related to his/her assigned portfolio in order to maximize supplier performance (cost, quality, lead time) and support the business plan.Responsibilities:
- Implements sourcing plans with the goal of assuring specified quality, required delivery times and minimizing the total cost of the products and services.
- Documents performance to action plans and timelines for assigned sourcing projects.
- Selects a high-performance supply base for assigned portfolio, in accordance with short-list of preferred suppliers defined by Category Managers.
- Conducts RFI/Q/P (Request for Information/Quotation/information/Proposal) and bidding processes, minimizing risk and maximizing value in terms of quality, delivery and cost.
- Evaluates current and prospective suppliers through supplier reviews, site visits and audits, in coordination with Supplier Quality teams, to assure supply capabilities, on-time delivery, quality and service.
- Negotiates prices and terms with suppliers in order to meet specified quality, delivery and cost objectives.
- Executes contract negotiation and development in coordination with Sourcing Manager and Contract Specialists.
- Drives the parts and process qualification, in coordination with Supplier Quality teams.
- Works closely with Sourcing Manager or Sourcing Leader to guarantee supply for all portfolios.
- Effectively communicates with and maintains the highest degree of relations between the Company and all levels of supplier personnel.
- Builds strong relationships with internal customers in order to meet defined objectives.
- Identifies opportunities and implements actions to continually reduce wasted time, money and resources from assigned tasks.
- Employees may be assigned other duties in addition to, or in lieu of those described above, according to the needs of the location or Company.
- Compliance with sourcing plans.
- Effective supplier base including lead time, quality and cost improvements.
- Contracts and pricing agreements.
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Supply Chain, Manufacturing or Engineering.