Sourcing & Contract Specialist
Legal | Sunnyvale, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Sourcing & Contract Specialist 5350
This role will report to the Senior Manager of Strategic Sourcing Marketing, Travel, Events and Sales and requires a customer orientation with strong analytical skills, category expertise, global experience, and a passion for driving innovation and solutions. This position requires experience with strategic sourcing methodologies related to indirect procurement commodities including market and spend analysis, partnering with BU stakeholders, reporting, and contracting. The Strategic Sourcing Analyst will help manage key projects, key spend areas, negotiate agreements, and completes the end-to-end contracting process. In addition, the Strategic Sourcing Analyst may help monitor supplier performance. The Strategic Sourcing Analyst will be responsible for contributing to key projects, the analysis of category spend, defining preferred suppliers and category strategy, reviewing strategic alternatives with the business partners, selecting and implementing sourcing strategies, executing sourcing actions, including RFP management, supplier negotiations, and administration of supplier relationships and agreements on a global level. In addition, the Strategic Sourcing Analyst will be responsible for SOW writing, opportunity identification, and contracting. The Strategic Sourcing Analyst may also work on ad hoc projects.
- Contract negotiations, drafting, and editing
- The Strategic Sourcing Analyst is responsible for building relationships with key stakeholders.
- Partner with internal customers to align on priorities, strategies to drive scale, global alignment, define and execute against strategic sourcing goals.
- Demonstrate commodity expertise in Marketing, Travel/Events or Sales
- Opportunity identification through a partnership with key stakeholders, analysis of current spend and supply base, external category analysis and benchmarking.
- Be Project Manager for key projects for the Strategic Sourcing team as needed
- Help with SOW creation and writing
- Ensure robust completion of negotiation and contracting process
- Lead or facilitate the supplier selection, Request for Proposal (RFP) projects and negotiation process to deliver agreements that include optimal pricing models, measurable service level/performance criteria, effective remedies for non-performance, mechanisms for monitoring performance/remedies, etc.
- 5 + years experience in procurement of services.
- 2 + years of experience in managing multiple commodity areas and effectively procuring goods/services in a fast-paced work environment is required.
- Contracting to drafting, negotiating and redlining
- Ability to work is a very fast-paced environment
- Relationship management-communication, negotiation, project management.
- Problem Solver able to use external tools, networks, internal and external intelligence to find solutions for high growth global environment
- Flexibility-ability to calibrate to changes, reprioritization of goals in an extremely fast paced environment
- Expertise in contracts, terms, and pricing analysis
- Ability to define sourcing strategy in collaboration with the team, and manage the execution of the plan
- Knowledgeable in ERP Systems, Oracle 12 preferred Experience with report writing tools, OBIEE preferred
- Ability to understand and mitigate risk associated with Supplier activity
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Analytical ability (data analysis) and creative problem solving
- Assertive but flexible
- Independent Judgment and Initiative
- Confidence in dealing with other departments, outside representatives and upper management
- Experienced in Marketing or Events space
- BA/BS degree in business, marketing, supply chain management or other related fields.
- Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) a plus
$50-$60 per Hour Sunnyvale, California 94085 12 Month Assignment