Software Engineer ^*
Software ENG & DEV | Sugar Land, TX | Contract
Software Engineer 8615496 ^*
The Software Engineer designs and implements the software used to control our products, to test them against specifications and to store data for subsequent analysis. When constructing these systems, works in close collaboration with engineers in other disciplines (e.g. electronics, mechanical, physics), and is responsible for their deployment in production environments.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Design & implement software for measurement and control systems.
- Test & debug hardware / software issues.
- Gather and analyze requirements.
- Coordinate software development with other disciplines.
- Design testing procedures and coordinate with others to conduct tests, document and present test results.
- Provide timely corrective actions on all assigned defects and issues.
- Conduct and/or participate in multi-disciplinary technical reviews.
- Contribute to design standards and support best practices.
- Create and maintain product documentation.
- Evaluates engineering approaches to ensure high quality, low cost solutions.
- Assist in preparation of cost and time estimates.
- Identify and keep abreast of new technical concepts and markets.
- Apply and comply with the software development process.
- Maintain familiarity with Company technology, organization and business.
- Understand and provide technical solutions according to the company's strategy.
- Comply with applicable company policies, including Personnel, Quality System, and Health, Safety, and Environment standards and procedures.
MS in Science or Engineering with 3 years software experience or BS in Science or Engineering with 8 years related experience.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Visual Studio C# and/or C++, Python, experience in SQL, .NET framework, VSTS Source Code Control, TFS.
- Experience in implementing common communication protocols (eg. RS232, RS422/485, CAN, GPIB, USB).
- Thorough knowledge of coding, testing & debugging methodology.
- Experience in using various hardware & software tools used in development & debugging; like emulator, simulator, modeling, scopes, logics analyzer, etc.
- Understanding of hardware design, ability to read schematics and manufacturer datasheets.
- Knowledge of NI LabVIEW and/or NI LabWindows language very desirable.
- Knowledge of databases design and programming desirable.
- Knowledge of web application framework such as ASP.NET desirable.
- Understanding of Embedded Software systems and their constraints and/or experience with embedded software development.
- Quality management
- Agile and iterative development
- Process implementation and improvement
$70-$80/h Sugar Land TX 77478 12 months contract