Software Engineer ^
Software ENG & DEV | Sugar Land, TX | Contract
Software Engineer 9178404 ^
The Acquisition System Software Engineer implements operational workflows exposed via the acquisition software to integrated data and controls according to key defining system qualities such as reliability, performance and downstream systems interoperability.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensure the design and implementation satisfy key acquisition system responsivities (reliability, performance, others as relevant).
- Ensure integration and abstraction of hardware front-end and instrumentation during design and implementation phases. Qualifications, Experience and Competencies
- BS/MS/PhD in Science or Engineering with software experience or education
- Min. 3 to 7 years’ experience in a similar position/s
- C/C++/C#, COM
- Unit testing frameworks
- Visual Studio and VSTS
- WITSML, OPS, MODBUS, CAN, TCP/IP, Energetics/ETP Standards
- Knowledge of SCADA (Software Control And Data Acquisition) systems
- Reliability, MTBF, MTTR
- Understand the system view in the context of the acquisition system (physics – sensor/actuator-acquisition/control instrumentation – acquisition software (acquire/control, compute, workflows, downstream interoperability<->deliverables/data streaming/downstream)
- Notions of real-time data and control systems (include as relevant: time synchronization, control loops & regulation)
- Understand the notion of real-time for the different level/partition of the acquisition system (hard real-time, soft real-time) and implement adequately against the real-time specifications
- Awareness of appropriate industry standards and regulations (electrical, explosive, HSE…)
- Self-driven, Proactive, Systems Thinking
Successful candidates are self-motivated, quick learners, can work independently with little direction and able to make strong decisions. Able to effect change through influence with strong leadership and mentoring skills. Work well in a team environment and can meet deadlines.
Hours: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
$50-$70/h DOE Sugar Land TX 77478 6 month contract