Social Media Manager
Social Media | Newark, NJ | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Social Media Manager 768813 ^
This role will be a unique blend of social development and execution with an eye on design, responsible for launching social campaigns and managing design assets that drive engagement, retention and monthly memberships. Work closely with the in-house country team to implement the overall look and feel of customer communications, including organic social, online (e.g. website pages, banners, online member newsletters), and offline channels. Work in an iterative testing environment in which creative performance is measured and data is used to monitor and improve performance. Develop and execute unique concepts. Make every test count. Remain current with industry best practices and apply them to the development of new creative.
- Imagine, create, produce, and publish a daily content calendar that highlights our brand message and entertains, inspires, and supports our followers.
- Understand and embrace the Canadian market, recognize social media trends, and drive earned media and water cooler conversation.
- Amplify PR initiatives, talent, and events.
- Coordinate with customer service team on tone and content for social responses.
- Align with other departments to develop social media timelines coinciding with new product announcements, marquee releases, PR campaigns, and other brand messages.
- Work with the content team to surface company originals, exclusive content, marquee audiobooks, and audio series in an impactful way to Canadians.
- Build awareness of members-only sales, Daily Deals and other high-value promotions.
- Coordinate with paid media to leverage assets and information for organic social.
- Humanize our brand voice and continue to raise the bar on performance, and increase content discovery and customer engagement.
- Research and identify high-impact influencers/partners that engage in our content and can advance our brand awareness and drive engagement.
- Develop scrappy content ideas to re-enforce an “always on” presence on our organic social platforms.
- Set goals, execute content, and measure success against KPIs.
- Work with marketing team to manage and provide feedback on design requests for internal team members with the goal of consistent look, feel and messaging across each channel.
- Work with cross-functional teams to incorporate design feedback into communication materials.
- 5+ years of prior experience in the social, digital, marketing, content, or influencer space
- 3+ years of experience as an interactive designer, user interface designer, or a similar role.
- Experience working in the Canadian marketplace or with Canadian customers.
- Proficiency in a variety of design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere Pro, InDesign, After Effects).
- A self-starter who is a customer-obsessed, detail-oriented, and an enthusiastic team player.
- Strong attention to detail and keen writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Vimeo, Pinterest, and Snapchat.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects while meeting demanding deadlines, producing high-quality work and projecting a positive attitude.
- Fluent written and spoken French is a plus.
Newark, NJ 07102 9 Month Assignment