Social Media Manager
Social Media | Newark, NJ | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Social Media Manager 738281
This role is focused on but not limited to content promotion and analytics/reporting for our organic social channels. This means that the Manager partners to create and enable discovery of content we have deemed to be our most valuable and engrossing audio offerings reports on social media and SEO performance and gleans/shares insights back to the larger marketing team.
- Identify and promote compelling editorial and audiobook content, increasing non-paid traffic back to our website
- Partner with SEO team to optimize editorial content promotion and distribution via social channels; report back insights, key opportunities, and contribute to overall SEO-content promotion strategy
- Develop relationships with external partners and create a content pipeline for regular promotion on their sites and social profiles
- Schedule social content and act as a back-up community manager
- Maintain intra-company relationships as a cross-functional social ambassador with all content-related departments (Marquee, Merch, Editorial, Originals, Studios, third-party publishers), remaining aligned with overall business objectives to surface the best audiobooks, series, authors and narrators for our members
- Discover, master, and share the newest and most innovative social and business analytic/reporting tools and trends.
- Develop an ongoing strategy for optimizing video content for social engagement, and collaborate with SEO to ensure best practice for tagging and distribution. Working in partnership with the Video and Studios teams both pre- and post-production (what footage to capture and how to best edit it for social).
- Continue to raise the bar on performance by maintaining a monthly performance report, creating ad-hoc campaign reports, analyzing how social metrics relate to business metrics, and socialize/educate on KPIs to those outside the department
- Coordinate with our global social partners to share learnings and best practices
- Familiarity with SEO/business reporting tools (Adobe Analytics, CARI, Google Search Console, Google Analytics)
- Competency with creative applications like Photoshop, Premiere, etc.
- Understanding of social networks’ best practices – design, functionality, users (best time to post, tagging influencers, character limit) – across Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Tumblr, Pinterest, SoundCloud, Reddit, etc.
- Familiarity with PR/affiliate best practices for regular content sharing
- Experience establishing metrics, gleaning community insights and reporting/recommending strategies that achieve marketing goals
- Previous experience with social media management
- Proficiency in third-party social media tools like Sprinklr, Netbase, Simply Measured etc., and native social tools (Facebook Power Editor, Twitter Ads)
- Proactive and data-oriented, with a natural ability to articulate the possible and move fast to make it real
- Team player with a passion to work closely with others while maintaining an entrepreneurial, self-starter spirit
- Great sense of humor and outgoing personality
- Passion for social media, books and storytelling
- Strong written communication skills, particularly within the social media arena
Newark, NJ 07102 6 Month Assignment