Shipping and Receiving Coordinator
Distribution & Operations | San Francisco, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Shipping and Receiving Coordinator 696168
Performs a variety of shipping and receiving tasks. Verifies materials received are as ordered and route incoming items to appropriate departments/locations. Prepares items for shipment ensuring cost-effective courier services.Responsibilities
- Sorts, counts, packages, labels, insures, unpacks, and logs inventory which is shipped or received.
- Receives and unloads incoming materials and compares information on packing slip with purchase order to verify the accuracy of shipment; may process return shipments from customers.
- Prepares shipments for postal or commercial conveyance; determines most economical and efficient shipping method; selects appropriate shipping container; packs items to ensure safe delivery.
- Inspects shipments for damages or defects; records discrepancies or damages and notifies the supervisor and purchasing personnel.
- Delivers items to requisitioning departments and obtains authorized signatures for accepted items.
- Traces lost shipments and/or customer claims of lost shipments; initiates proof of delivery documents.
- May maintain department database, prepare routine reports, and file shipping/receiving records.
- May operate dolly, pallet jack, in loading and unloading supplies and equipment; may operate shrink-wrap equipment; may assist in routine maintenance of equipment and shipping area.
- Maintain mailroom supplies in copy rooms on all floors
- Maintain paper and toner inventory at printer satellite stations on all floors
- Follows established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, safety, and environmental control standards.
- Leads, guides, and trains employees performing related work.
- Performs miscellaneous facilities job-related duties as assigned; Conference room set up, minor upkeep and maintenance.