Services Project Manager
Project Management | Dallas, TX | Full Time and Contract
Services Project Manager 2284
Responsible for the management and delivery of complex and multifaceted projects; from definition to delivery and completion, using prior knowledge and experience.
Agile, Scrum, or Sprint based methodology is preferred Jira tool familiarity would be a plus.
To undertake full project management responsibilities for multiple solutions and services projects, including complex, US wide projects with multiple workstreams both internal to Company and potentially external. Providing effective project leadership to both the MS staff, partners, suppliers and all project resources. Ensure the project is a success for all parties of the project(s) and that the agreed Company profit objectives are met or exceeded whilst maintaining an exemplary level of customer satisfaction.
- Establish and agree the Project Management Plan for each assigned project, in line with Company standards and practices
- During the proposal phase, pro-actively review all expressed customer requirements and integrate these into the single project plan, ensuring that the project definition and plan are complete with reference to the deliverables, completion criteria, key dates, milestones, effort and cost
- Ensure that a full risk assessment is undertaken, a risk register is created and the risks are actively managed throughout delivery. Develop and manage contingency plans as required
- Drive the project execution process to achieve the defined scope and deliverables to the dates and milestones set and agreed in the plan and contract. Control out-of-scope requests and initiate corrective action either to bring back into scope or to negotiate contract extension or change control
- Operate tight controls to monitor and report on progress, specifically recording all costs and effort expended on the project
- Report progress to both the customer and Company line management, ensuring a sound, comprehensive status is reported and all issues, risks and exposure are highlighted in a timely and effective manner
- Provide team leadership to all project participants, and ensure that a sense of common purpose is developed, and effective relationships exist between all parties
- Overall, ensure that all completion milestones are achieved, obtaining customer sign-off and acceptance certification.
- Manage or participate in any post project reviews, and feedback lessons learned as part of Company process improvement
- Ensure that the Company brand value is enhanced through maintaining high customer satisfaction throughout the project and, where customer policy allows, that the customer can be referenced for the service delivered
- Ensure all projects are appropriately resourced and that resources are assigned within Changepoint for time management purposes. Ensure budgeted and planned hours are maintained accurately and project time, expense and invoice approvals are dealt with in a timely manner. Folders need to be retained according to published standards to satisfy audits
- Identify opportunities for improving project processes and develop the project management office best practice, whether internal or external to Company, and initiate actions using the appropriate improvement processes or methodologies.
- Ensure Company quality and best practice are met by maintaining and developing with a high standard of professionalism at all times and ensuring high customer satisfaction.
- Continually develop personal skills and experience
- Maintain up to date knowledge of all core Company products and services
- Take advantage of all types of available education material to broaden skills and develop agreed areas of specialisation
- Develop knowledge of industry best practises for specific solution areas
- Success of associated project work- ability to plan, manage risk and assess complex situations and deliver projects on time within budget and too expectations
- Compliance with time and expense reporting guidelines
- Willingness of Program Managers and Company Sales personnel to include the Project Manager in future projects
- Usage and development of published Company service delivery methodology’s, tools, and systems
- Billable and Utilisation percentage as a function of time-reporting
- Compliance with skills-development plan
- Minimum 8 years of project management experience within technology or enterprise environments
Experience with the full Microsoft Suite, including Excel, Word and Powerpoint. Kknowledge of Project Management Tools is beneficial and experience with Sharepoint is required
- Demonstrated ability to complete tasks within a project from inception through delivery and completion
- A willingness to work a flexible schedule and to travel
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or equivalent education or experience
- Excellent stakeholder management - highly articulate, excellent communication skills and able to build relationships with key stakeholders including the Customer, Company and the Company
- Proven track record of working well independently, or as part of a team and leading teams that include HDS personnel such as Sales, Pre-Sales, CS&S, the Company and customer resources
- Eager to learn and develop technical skills as well as learn professional behaviours
- The ability to detect possible causes of conflict or customer dissatisfaction early in the cycle and the ability to take decisive action to resolve them
- Knowledge of industry best practices for specific solution areas
- Industry recognised Project Management certification - Project Management Institute PMP preferred
This is a remote position*
$45-$50 Per Hour Dallas, TX 75252 12 Month Assignment