Service Technical Support
Technical Operations | El Segundo, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Service Technical Support 714890
- Calibrate and perform adjustments on Electronic Measurement and Test Equipment.
- Use test automation platforms and software to calibrate Measurement and Test Equipment.
- Perform manual calibration procedures on Measurement and Test Equipment.
- Solve problems requiring breadth/depth of knowledge of calibration, metrology principles, and preventative maintenance techniques.
- Recommend corrective actions resulting in solutions that are cost-effective and enhance the process.
- Use software skills and/or technical ability to fix, enhance or develop calibration procedures.
- Ensure that all changes are approved and documented appropriately.
- Take ownership of commitments and deliver on them.
- Use daily work schedules to appropriately factor volume, priority, customer expectations, and service center goals into decision-making processes.
- Maintain high workmanship standards and deliver on commitments.
- Provide consistent, solid contribution to team and service center delivery goals.
- Maximize the use of existing assets, multi-task effectively, and ensure resources are used properly.
- This position requires a 2-year technical degree or equivalent training/certification.
- Requires a minimum of 5 years directly related experience in calibration, with typically 7 to 10 years of experience.
- Solid working knowledge of Windows, MS Excel, MS Word, and Outlook
- Maintain a positive attitude and provide constructive dialogue with respect to business strategies, direction, and policies.
- Understand the service business and remains flexible to changing business needs.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
- Initiate customer interaction when appropriate.
- Resolve technical problems and provide advice on set-up, applications, and issues related to compatibility.
- Escalate issues when necessary and maintains ownership through resolution.
- This is done verbally or via written correspondence.
- Learn new, emerging technologies rapidly.
- Quickly become proficient in calibration support and adjustment as new products are introduced.
- Takes initiative and seeks to expand overall education/experience level
$25-$30 per Hour El Segundo, CA 90245 24 Month Assignment