Senior Windows Systems Engineer
IT & IS | Sunnyvale, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Senior Windows Systems Engineer 4947
- Participation in engineering duties for the Windows Platform Engineering Team, including deploying new & management of existing Windows Server systems, provide overall support troubleshooting issues, defining disaster recovery plans, establish procedures and documentation for the eDiscovery environment.
- Represent the Cloud Platforms Engineering team during the intake of new services or projects related to eDiscovery.
- Act as a senior resource to lead the configuration and life cycle of the various applications represented in the eDiscovery ecosystem, including Relativity, EnCase, Heureka Software, and F-Response and others.
- Maintain Windows Based Clusters, MSSQL server databases, configurations, and overall system health to ensure the eDiscovery applications are tuned, monitored and running optimally.
- Ensure the environment adheres to requirements as outlined by specific application vendors.
- Assist Application Owners on the environment issues; determine if issues are caused by Infrastructure or Application. Communicate with the legal team as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages
- Participate in a 12x7 on-call engineer rotation supporting our core services.
- Will handle escalations from the US and India Operations Teams as well as the Legal eDiscovery team.
- Build PowerShell and DSC scripts to automate the environment configuration.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the eDiscovery service catalog, tools for Self-Help and Infrastructure Automation to reduce the ticket workload & speed up user ticket resolution.
- Work collaboratively with peers in Virtualization, Application engineering team and Legal teams for cross-platform interoperability tasks. Embrace working in a fast-paced environment and handling multiple projects/issues in occasionally high-pressure situations.
- 6+ years in IT specifically related to management of Windows Server systems (Windows 2012, 2016) hosted in a virtual and/or cloud environment including Clusters
- 4+ Years managing SQL infrastructure, including cluster administration, SQL reporting, and Auditing
- Experience supporting Windows server systems in an environment with Windows, Mac, and Linux clients.
- Experience in core protocols such as TCP/IP, SSH, SMTP, LDAP, DNS, OSI Layer, networking concepts, VLANs, Firewall, ACLs and Load-balancers.
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting n-tier applications utilizing a least privilege model.
- Work with business units to translate needs into technical requirements to design, implement, and support applications utilizing recommended best practices.
- Experience maintaining High-Availability (HA) MSSQL server environments including working with 3rd party vendors or stakeholders to onboard databases, create maintenance plans including backup/recovery/DR, and tune for performance
- Experience securing Windows OS, MSSQL Servers, and Windows Applications/Services
- Experience with modern configuration management tools such as Puppet, Ansible, Salt or PowerShell DSC is nice to have.
- Experience with cloud and hybrid computer architecture including Microsoft Azure.
- Experience participating in IT compliance audits (PCI, SOX, etc)
- Experience supporting Legal, Internal Audit or Governance tools and infrastructure
- Experience Operating Linux systems RHEL, Debian in a virtual environment is a plus.
- Strong Windows Cluster and SQL experience needed supporting an eDiscovery Environment.
- Scripting and Tooling is a big plus.
$75-$80 per Hour Sunnyvale, California 94085 6 Month Assignment