Senior Technical Writer
Technical Writing | Santa Clara, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temp to Perm
Senior Technical Writer 2389
We’re looking for a highly motivated information developer to work with our Product Group to create product documentation.
- Confer with subject matter experts including Software Developers, Product Managers, Support, and Sales to establish technical specifications and use cases to determine subject matter to be developed for publication.
- Research, gather and analyze data from multiple sources (subject matter experts, product managers) to develop content.
- Develop information development and publishing strategies aligned with the department standards as well as to meet project-specific requirements by consulting with the Technical Publications leadership team and the cross-functional product team.
- Develop world-class product information with simple and concise English by organizing ideas and translating complex technical terms into information any reader (both native and non-native English readers) can understand.
- Clarifying terminology and work with software developers to achieve consistencies in the product and documentation.
- Work with the Product Design (UX) team to define the voice and the tone of the product with an emphasis on grammatical accuracy.
- Participate in all feature sprints, print retro, and planning meetings.
- Participate in product design reviews.
- Review product design and UI and revise UI messages.
- Manage and lead multiple assignments simultaneously, while working independently and with other writers.
- Complete writing assignments according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
- Develop scripts (narrations) for how-to and feature videos by working with the cross-functional team (Dev, PM, Marketing, Sales, Video Producer) and orchestrate a video development project.
- Proactively seek to solicit feedback from internal and external readers.
- Analyze and prioritize technical feedback from various audiences and drive necessary changes into documentation or products.
- Be an active member of the user forum to monitor discussions, respond to questions, and bring feedback into the dev.
- BA/BS degree in English, Journalism, Computer Science, or other relevant fields.
- Superb interpersonal communication skills, particularly where technical information must be conveyed in a clear way.
- Strong technical aptitude to learn products through hands-on experience.
- Must have excellent writing skills, 7 + years of experience in software documentation, online publishing, online help development, API documentation, installation and user guides, release notes.
- Proven technical writing and editing skills. Superior command of the English language including rules and usage
- Experience with API tools, such as Swagger.
- Proficiency in DITA, XML, MS Visio, and Adobe Acrobat is a must.
- Proficiency in SDL Tridion Docs (formally SDL Content Architect) or another Component Content Management System (CCMS) is a must.
- Strong understanding of topic-based authoring and reusable information architecture is a must.
- Experience with agile software development process and tools, such as JIRA and Confluence is a must.
- Experience with video creation is a plus.
- Experience with MindTouch is a plus.
$50-$55 per Hour Santa Clara, CA 95050 12 Month Assignment