Senior Sourcing Manager
Procurement | Pleasanton, CA | Full Time and Contract
Senior Sourcing Manager 1328
Performs activities related to the purchasing of materials, equipment and services for internal company use. Implements and communicates company policies and procedures for purchasing. Reviews purchase requests for completeness and compliance with company requirements; negotiates with vendors and approves purchases of authorized amounts or size. Maintains and updates purchasing orders, systems, and documentation. Monitors the cost, schedule and performance metrics of contracts and subcontracts.
This person will be responsible to develop and manage global category strategies and understand the business/company requirements to maximize value and partner with business stakeholders. This also includes executing the end-to-end Sourcing process of creating and managing category strategies, spend and market analysis, running RFx’s, negotiating contracts and pricing, and supplier management. He/she should have deep sourcing and vendor management experience within the IT space, be able to operate at ALL levels of the organization and move seamlessly from strategic to tactical. Additionally, this person must have a keen eye for detail, be able to provide insights based on market conditions and trends, investigate innovative methods optimize value from goods and service providers, improve the decision-making process, and increase the flow of information.
- Contract strategy, execution and compliance - Lead the business negotiation process with internal partners and suppliers. Own closure on contract. Develop negotiation approach, fallback positions, acceptable terms and conditions through to closure. Identify and manage all violations and exceptions to existing supplier contracts.
- RFI, RFP, RFQ services - Own and lead the supplier interface for all RFI, RFP and RFQ services. Partner with appropriate internal stakeholders. Present RFx results to evaluation team.
- Measure, manage and improve supplier actual performance against negotiated SLA’s and quality metrics.
- Competitive benchmarking - Identify key benchmark suppliers in RFx efforts. Measure, report and action cost productivity as a function of market pricing.
- Technology & product scanning - Support efforts to identify latest trends in technologies and industry offerings.
- Cost Modeling - Own and provide industry and actual unit and service cost data which feeds into TCO and RFx evaluations.
- Technology Roadmapping - Be accountable to coordinate suppliers and internal customers and review supplier technology and services roadmaps.
- Preferred Supplier Management - Identify, qualify and formalize which suppliers should be aligned with preferred supplier status.
- Periodic supplier audit/action - Lead ongoing supplier audits, identifying areas of improvement and the plan to address.
- Commodity/Service Sourcing - Develop and own the commodity sourcing approach. Ensure all internal business requirements are met.
- Business Partnering – Become a trusted advisor and partner to the Company’s Business Technology department.
- Sourcing initiatives – Lead/support the maturation and continuous improvement of Sourcing.
- 7+ years experience in Procurement / Supply Chain / Sourcing role
- Proven experience supporting IT Sourcing; passion for technology and technology services
- Familiarity with standard procurement concepts, practices, and procedures
- Leader with strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Possess a positive attitude, excellent communication and analytical skills
- Demonstration of critical thinking, ability to question the output of a financial model and consider options for improvement
- Proactive, result oriented, with a can-do attitude in meeting critical deadlines
- BA/BS in technical, business or analytical discipline required
- Category management experience
- Supplier management experience, business review, scorecards
$90-$95 Per Hour Pleasanton, CA 94588 12 Month Assignment