Senior Software Development Engineer
Software ENG & DEV | San Mateo, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Senior Software Development Engineer 1066
Debugs software products through the use of systematic tests to develop, apply, and maintain quality standards for company products. Develops, modifies, and executes software test plans. Analyzes and writes test standards and procedures. Maintains documentation of test results to assist in debugging and modification of software. Analyzes test results to ensure existing functionality and recommends corrective action. Consults with development engineers in resolution of problems. Provides feedback in preparation of technical appraisals of programming languages, systems, and computation software. Ensures quality computer integration into the overall functions of scientific computation, data acquisition, and processing.
- Develop expertise in our product solutions, and use that expertise and your experience to help design and qualify the solution as a whole.
- Clearly understand the components that compose the product solution.
- Create test plans and automated test cases for assigned components.
- Execute and automate test cases and perform bug tracking and management.
- Contribute to building a flexible and scalable automation solution.
- Work closely with the design team to help create an amazing user experience.
- Help create and implement quality processes and requirements.
- Work closely with the team to replicate customer environments.
- Own the release decision. Weigh the business needs against quality, listen to the opinions of others, work to gain consensus, and be willing to hold the release... even when it’s not the popular decision.
- Identify and communicate risks about our releases.
- Look beyond your specific area of responsibility and ensure our products deliver value to our customers.
- Be able to own and make quality decisions for the solution.
- Be a customer advocate.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field and 5+ years industry experience
- A track record showing that you are a highly motivated individual, capable of coming up with creative, innovative and working solutions in a collaborative environment
- Eager to learn from peers
- Experience testing relational databases, data warehousing, data processing or other types of data platforms.
- Proficient in one or more programming language such as Python, Java, C# or C++.
- Experience testing distributed systems
- Experience testing enterprise applications
- Strong knowledge of QA methodologies
$100-$120 per Hour San Mateo, CA 94402 6 Month Assignment